Windows LIve ID Issues preventing my from downloading profile to new console

I am trying to download my profile to my new xbox and am prompted for my password. I can not remember my password. I have tried to reset password on xbox website and when i enter the windows live ID that is linked to my gamer tag i get error message that the Microsoft account you entered does not exist. I have spoke to xbox support and they told me i that i needed to post to this forum. The widows live ID that i can not remember password is [mod removed], and my visa c. card is on the account if that help to find the account.  info can be provided.

The email account that was used for windows ID was a company domain email address that was hosted with hotmail and that account no longer exists. My account does exist because i can still log in on my old xbox because the password is saved on the console, and i can log in to xbox live with that I have also tried to recover the account but cant get past the windows live id part get the same error as above. Also have tried from the xbox console to change the windows Live Id on my gamertag but cant complete it due cant remember password.

I have set up a new windows live ID  but need help transfering my account to that new live ID. i dont want to lose ms points, game details, gamerscore and other info. Can someone please help me.  I just need to reset the password so that i can tranfer the account to the new windows live id

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Try this page: support.xbox.com/.../manage-live-id

If you need anymore help let us know!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have tried that and get no where. Get the Error the windows live id does not exist however i can logg in from my xbox console. When i try to rest password, I get error that widows live id does not exist and will not let me from my end reset password nor will it let me transfer account to new windows live id  or recover the account.  with out the current password which i can not remember. I have tried every link provided by XBOX LIVE and Microsoft to reset password. and get the same result. I have spoke to XBOX live support on the phone and they have verifed that the account existed by searching for the c. card on file and by the gamertag, but can not change the windows live id to new one from there end with brings me here. I can not do anything with the current windows live id from my end i have tried everything with out the curent ppassword.

Sorry this didn't help.

OK here is what i give you as in the way of help

1.On your dashboard go to settings

2.When in settings go to security

3.In security go to the option of you information and select Account Security

4.Once in there select Change Windows Live ID.

This should allow you change the email that is associated with your current gamertag

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey BuckskinUrchin1! I'm afraid you may have been misinformed, the only venue that allows you to go through a verification process is phone support. We do not change WLID or reset passwords for users in these forums. If you've gone through the password reset basics I'd advise contacting WLID support for "Forgotten password or other sign-in problems". Let us know how it goes for you! 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

You will need to follow some very specific instructions below to go to the customer support Windows Live account recovery:

1. Click on this link.
2. Click on the third option:  I Think Someone Else is using my Windows Live ID.
3. Select Reset your Password option .
4. Enter the Windows Live account you are trying to recover. 
5. Enter the characters you see on the picture, and then tick on Next.
6. Click on Customer Support.
7. When a highlighted Customer support phrase appears, tick on it.
8. Re-enter the Windows Live account you are trying to recover.
9. Enter your alternate email address. ( Active email address that you have access to even if it's not associated with the account )
10. Click on Continue. 
11. Validate your identity by providing as much information as you can on the Recover your Windows Live account page then click on Continue to submit.
12. A page that says Your information has been submitted will appear, (just wait for the result of the account recovery request on your alternate email address)

Note: To pass the validation process, you will need to provide as much precise information as possible. The more accurate your information is, the more likely you are to pass validation.

This will essentially move your non working WLID to the new one that you'd like to be contacted on. This does require that you follow the instructions up top and fill in as much information as you can in the form that is sent to your alternate e-mail.

Sorry this didn't help.

You must reset the password on the current Windows Live ID address before you can change it to the new Windows Live ID.

Xbox Live has no control over the passwords; those are the exclusive domain of the Microsoft Accounts division.

If you can't get the password reset through conventional means, the Microsoft Account support folk have their own support forum at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/id-help-center

You can also go to http://accounts.live.com and sign in there with your alternate Windows Live ID, then travel to  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=242792 - make sure to put that in the address bar of your browser. Fill in the form there, with the subject line EMAIL BEHIND THE WINDOWS LIVE ID IS BROKEN - provide a good working email where the Microsoft Account support folks can find you.

You should receive a response within a day, the gods willing.

Sorry this didn't help.