Windows Live ID is wrong on my account

I recently made a live account, and everything was going fine on it for a while. 

Until I decided to get some microsoft points to put on my account. When I tried to activate the card, I found that my windows ID was spelled wrong on it, so I couldn't log in. It's the @hotmail.com (I missed out the m making it @hotail.com - retarded I know) bit that I spelled wrong as well, so I can't just make hotmail called that.

The microsoft points aren't the problem - I sorted that problem by making another account and buying the mass effect DLC I wanted through the cerberus corp., but I worry about future purchases/ renewing my gold membership - I'll need to log in to do this, and I'd like to keep my current user, not have to switch to a new one. I'd lose above 10,000 gamerscore, not a nice thing. I know they're pointless things, but yeah. I'd also have to play Mass Effect 1 + 2 through again as I've got it now ready for 3.

I digress. The point is, is there anyway of changing my Windows ID that doesn't consist of the tips I get on the website, because I can't log in in the first place to change it.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

http://support.xbox.com/en-AU/xbox-live/how-to/xbox-live-account-management/manage-live-id 

You don't need to sign into the website to access this page 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I don't have a problem signing into the website. I couldn't care less if I never use this website. All I've learnt from it is the customer support is a bit useless with actually reading your questions, and just sending you to the same page you've read a hundred times before.

Sorry this didn't help.

The only folks that could possibly help you with this is phone support (support.xbox.com/contact-us). Generally speaking though, if you can't log in to your account, there is no way to make changes to it, like changing the attached WLID.

Sorry this didn't help.

This is what I feared.

If I have to make a new account, I will. But I wont like it.

Sorry this didn't help.