windows live id is blocked

hello, on my other account my windows live id is blocked and i cant get it unblocked after resetting my password twice. Help please!?!?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Sorry this happend, If you can't access your Profiles account and receive the message “This profile is temporarily blocked," then you will want to go to the windows live solution center  and follow the steps on the page there to contact the support team there in order to get your account unblocked.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You should be able to unblock the ID by simply logging into this page here. It should display some information for you to check and then verify your account. If it doesn't then follow the directions below to change your blocked ID over to a new Windows Live ID.

1. Click on this link.
2. Click on the third option:  I Think Someone Else is using my Windows Live ID.
3. Select Reset your Password option .
4. Enter the Windows Live account you are trying to recover. 
5. Enter the characters you see on the picture, and then tick on Next.
6. Click on Customer Support.
7. When a highlighted Customer support phrase appears, tick on it.
8. Re-enter the Windows Live account you are trying to recover.
9. Enter your alternate email address. ( Active email address that you have access to even if it's not associated with the account )
10. Click on Continue. 
11. Validate your identity by providing as much information as you can on the Recover your Windows Live account page then click on Continue to submit.
12. A page that says Your information has been submitted will appear, (just wait for the result of the account recovery request on your alternate email address)

Note: To pass the validation process, you will need to provide as much precise information as possible. The more accurate your information is, the more likely you are to pass validation.

This will essentially move your non working WLID to the new one that you'd like to be contacted on. This does require that you follow the instructions up top and fill in as much information as you can in the form that is sent to your alternate e-mail. 

Sorry this didn't help.

haha yeah this is a joke!

I manage my sons live accounts from 1000 miles away and he was out for a visit, playing xbox live just fine. After changing his password, he went back home to add his new 320gb Hd and sign into live and got the blocked profile error. I can sign into his account with the information he gave me just fine,but now he can not...wierd!

so I call xbox they tell me to contact live

so anyaways after trying all the steps mentioned in this thread, he is still unable to download is profile

after googling ad trying to find LIVE support or contact info I came across this site claiming to be live support and they could fix the prob for $110.00.

I questioned this as live email is free and I just paid for 6 months of gold.

when i started asking questions, they then informed they were a 3rd party.

scammers or what?

Anyways, if anyone has the secret answers, please help me out.

My son and I would like to get back to utilizing our GOLD and spend some father son time playing some MW3

thanks in advance :)

Sorry this didn't help.

What's the exact error message your son gets when he tries to login to his XBOX Live profile on his console?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey thnx for the response :)

I believe the error is live id temp blocked

Sorry this didn't help.

Has your son attempted to visit this page here and added a cell phone number to his account? That should pretty much solve that issue. If not, he should be able to fill out that form on the page and they should be able to fix the issue. But as you said if you are able to login to the account on your computer using the same e-mail and password he is then that shouldn't be an issue.

Can you have your son delete his profile on his console and download it again by following the directions here? (Instructions to safely delete a profile are on the bottom, instructions to download are on top)

Please also let me know if he encounters any sort of other error messages while he's doing this. 

Sorry this didn't help.

i will try this in a lil bit....he has deleted his profile already tho...and when he tried to download it again, its starts to download then the error pops up saying id temp blocked.

this is crazy....i called xbox support 1 week ago about this and they told me to contact live...i just got off the phone with microsoft and they told me to contact xbxox.

dude I am so hoping you have the answers...lol

thanks

Sorry this didn't help.