Windows Live ID gamertag transfer Issues

I followed all the steps described to change the windows live id for my gamertag. I entered everything correctly, the emails, the passwords all were signed in correctly ive not only double but tripled checked. After pressing Yes change my windows live ID I get a message saying that the email and password were incorrect. I know for a fact that all the information I put in was correct I can sign into all of them on my computer. The passwords the email, all correct yet i still get incorrect email/password. I dont understand what is going on since I am 100% correct on my emails and passwords, hell my xbox even told me i was right until I go to actually confirm and change it.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hey there Green! So you've got two email addresses and you want to switch your GT over to the new one. First, what domain is the email address you are trying to switch to? Is it hotmail, gmail, etc? If it is not hotmail or live, have you gone to live.com and set up your email address as a WLID? Also, is all your profile information current and correct (name, address, etc)? Let me know, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.