Windows Live ID ERROR

Hey there guys!

You may have seen a post from me a few months back about something else (fixed now) but I was hoping I didn't need to be back here :P

Anyways, I went to try and change my windows live ID the other day, and with the usual steps you go: 

1) Enter Password of current ID

2) Enter New Email

3) Enter New Password

Well as I entered my password (I'd like to say my email etc, but cos of safety, I won't) it came up with 'Your password is incorrect' which seemed odd, since I use that email/password for most things. So I tried signing into xbox.com (which I am now) as I felt scared something had happened to my password. But nope, my password/email combo was correct, I signed in properly. So I proceeded to try again on the dashboard, but I kept getting the error 'password invalid'. So I thought i'd just redownload my account, so i deleted it, and recovered and my details worked obviously (so 100% my email/password are correct) as i've signed into xbox.com, and used the download feature. But for osme reason when I try to change my windows live ID on the dashboard, and when i enter in my password (to get prompted to enter my new email) it just says 'email invalid' :(

I rang the support number and spoke to a friendly person about it, we went through a lot of different steps to make it work, but it didn't work. He actually didn't understand why it wasn't working either, so he said he would put it in for further investigation and i would get called the next day. Well it's been 3 days since then :( The reference number for that call is 1173788126.

Anyways, any help would be appreciated! The main reason i want this as, I don't use that current ID/email anymore, and I just bought a HTC Mozart (Windows Phone) and I can't access the Xbox Live part, as I use a different email these days.

Thanks in advance guys!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

How old is the email address?

I am also unable to update my email address; But left it alone.

Have you tried here?

account.live.com/ChangeId.aspx

But for this there is no fix for - and there is a thread where Support have started looking into it but I have not seen a response to it yet.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

"Your Windows Live ID can't be changed at this time."

That's what I get :/

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a similar problem. I had an old gamertag that is linked to my now main email address so I wanted to change it, but I had deleted the old gamertag from my xbox so I recovered/downloaded it, and tried to change my email and I got the "Your WILD cannot be changed withing 30 days of creating a gamertag or if you changed your WILD within the past 30 days." I see you had to recover your acccount too so maybe it has something to do with recovered accounts being mistaken for new accounts or something

Sorry this didn't help.

*WLID haha typo

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey its ChaoticCSG just on my other account. I've been searching the forum and I found this

forums.xbox.com/.../228319.aspx

This guy was having the same problem as me, and it sounds like your problem too. Like raett said my GT has been inactive for longer than 6 months, so that explains my problem. I hope it helps you too Metapod. I'm going to keep looking so if I find anything else I'll post a link.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for that Chaotic, except the account has been active almost daily for the last few months, I can't see the reason behind this. I just get the error 'invalid password' when entering it to change my WLID

Sorry this didn't help.

Want to check to make sure the email you are trying to use is not already associated with another account (off chance but could happen)

Sorry this didn't help.

It isn't BUT I don't get the chance to put my new one in, because when you go to change the WLID, it asks for your current password (for the current ID) and when i put it in, it says invalid (so i don't get promoted to use my new email). But obviously the passworrd is correct, as I'm on xbox.com with the account :P

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Metapod, thanks for the information. We're currently taking a look into that issue. In the meantime, have you tried changing the WLID associated with your account from a PC? account.live.com/ChangeId.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Fitzer, when I try that, I get this message 'Your Windows Live ID can't be changed at this time'

This is kinda frustrating :(

Sorry this didn't help.