Windows Live ID change

I have created this temporary account to inform you of my issues concerning the gamertag JPAUL38. My windows live id ([REMOVED]) has been blocked from too many log-ins from a virus my email got last year. No matter what I do, I cannot recover this account because my back up email is out of service as well due to making these accounts almost ten years ago. Today, I tried to contact phone support, to change my email and they were unable to help me too because I cannot access the password for the [REMOVED] account to begin the process. I need to get JPAUL38 onto this email account I am using at the moment ([REMOVED]) so I can use my account again or re-open [REMOVED] so I can manually delete that nuisance of an email account. Thanks!!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

No feedback Xbox support? :/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

First off, NEVER POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS(es) on a public forum.  You risk a security breach doing that.

To change the address on the gamertag, click here: http://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-live/how-to/xbox-live-account-management/manage-live-id 

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you, but I had no other option this has been a problem for several months.

Sorry this didn't help.

I don;t think you understand though, THERE IS NO WAY FOR ME TO ACCESS THE EMAIL ACCOUNT ASSOCIATED WITH MY GAMERTAG, therefore I CANNOT change my windows live id to begin with,

Sorry this didn't help.

If you can no longer access your WLID account (reset password, backup email, etc) then there is no way you can access the GT associated with it. I'm sorry.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am sorry, but there has to be a way to change my gamertag from one email to another, its so simple, yet this whole process is BEYOND comprehension. I just want to change my account name and such and what if I need to transfer the DLC to a new xbox when my original red rings again!? I don't believe there is "no way." Thank you, sorry for my frustrations but my money is invested in this, and itd be a pain to have to deal with this later on when something bad really does go on.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm not 100% certain this will help you in your situation, but I was referred here by a co-worker and I'd like you to check it out. These were pulled from this WLID support page

Verify your account with a mobile number (only available in limited markets at this time): http://g.live.com/1rewlive4tup/tupp

If you are unable to verify using the SMS validation, please submit your request here (Select "Hotmail" from the product dropdown list, click “Continue” and select: Error: "We've noticed some unusual activity in your Hotmail account") and one of their moderators will help you.

Sorry this didn't help.