Windows Live ID associated with different gamertag

I cannot get signed up for XBox live no matter what I try.  I'm connected to the internet (not the problem).  I have created a Windows Live ID using the hotmail account.  I created a GamerTag to match that ID.  I put all that in and I get "Download Profile - This Windows Live ID is associated with a different gamertag.  Enter another Windows Live ID and password."  I DON"T HAVE ANOTHER ONE!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

BrodyLego - You are following the directions to create an ID that is why you are getting this message. I'm assuming you created the ID on XBOX.com. Please follow these instructions and you should be able to download the profile. From the XBOX 360 Dashboard > Push the middle button on your XBOX 360 controller > Download Profile > Enter in your Windows Live ID  / Password and it will start to download the profile that you made on XBOX.com. Once you've done that it will start to download your profile. If you'd like to change the gamertag once you've download the profile you can change it once for free by following the directions here.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.