Windows ID setup through ISP

Hello, Im trying to recover my old Windows live ID, to get access to my old gamertag.  The email that is used for that ID is old and cannot get access to it, as well as its registered as a .com intead of a .net on the Live ID.  When I go through the recovery fourm through the lost password function, I get an email back saying its setup through my ISP.  But when I call Verizon they say they don't set up anything through Microsft or Windows live ID.   Any insight into this? any words of wisdom or advice? Just trying to get my old account back and every direction I turn I keep hitting a dead end.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

When they say it was set up through the ISP they probably mean that it was linked via Verizon which can be done.  You'll need to keep dealing with both of them to get this sorted.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply. I was on the phone with Verizon for quite some time yesterday. As far as them knowing anything about the Microsoft account. They act like I'm speaking Chinese.  The old Verizon email that the reset could be sent to is no longer an email so that's not an option. Guess I'll call back Microsoft again today

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.