Windows 8 Xbox Live account has been created automatically as a Child

-- Message translated directly from Spanish. Sorry for the grammatical errors. --

Hello , I comment my situation , which is complicated.

I had a Microsoft Hotmail account associated with my Gamertag . I decide to upgrade to Windows 8 and subscribe to Office 365 and for this I create a new Microsoft Outlook account .

The idea was to change my Gamertag Microsoft account to unify everything and dismiss my old Hotmail account . The problem is that when you install Windows 8 and to login to the Outlook account , I entered my point games and Xbox Live created a profile in my Outlook account AUTOMATICALLY . Remarked the AUTOMATICALLY because I asked for confirmation or any data .

At this point I could not move my Gamertag to the Outlook account . Since I have many accomplishments , I choose not to complicate my life and do not move the profiles to be used as the main Gamertag automatically created .

In making this decision I decide to pay a Gamertag change my Hotmail account so that it is free name and can use it in the new account. After payment , Gamertag change the old account and try to put that name on the new account I agree . You are the Gamertags changed and everything works perfectly . At this time I deactivate my Hotmail account .

I decide to log into the console with Microsoft and the new account with the desired name and all right, and what is my surprise? The system tells me that I have a child account . By creating Xbox Live account AUTOMATICALLY no confirmation asked me age or any data , which was presumably would have taken the birth date indicated on the account Microsoft and logically , of age . Well that has not happened .

I got in touch with Xbox SAT via chat and phone to try to change this fact and the only answer offered has been that I can not change the date of birth or convert the account to an adult until the system detects that I am old, so I have to create a new account.

Therefore, if I want to keep my Gamertag should pay again to change in MAL account from Windows 8 CREATED AUTOMATICALLY WITHOUT CONFIRMATION ORDER to make it free name and to put it in the new account that I created manually from Xbox.com . Note that from Xbox.com ASKED ME IF CONFIRMATION old , so I could enter it correctly . After 30 days of making the console I can login
Gamertag account change Microsoft to have the good created in my account and disable Outlook created sub-account now .

At this point , I ask the Xbox service is to check the age of the Xbox Live account created automatically evil from Windows 8 Adult make note indicating the correct age . Or , if this is not possible as I have been given much , I ask that the Xbox service grants me free Gamertag change the wrong account created for Windows 8 so you can put any name and thus freeing and to put it on my Gamertag Xbox Live profile newly created manually , in which the first change DECREE still free because everything is as it comes by default.

I understand that I have paid € 9.50 to change my Gamertag from my old account to put it to the account created automatically by Windows 8. This I have done because I wanted to keep the name and therefore I must pay for it. But now I find that this account was created evil and that is because Windows 8 has not asked for confirmation of age to create . I therefore feel that Microsoft should take this error and I do not have to pay again to release the bad name this account created and use it in the new . The theme of the hassles of changing the account Gamertag Microsoft is another thing,
I do not care , these things happen . But think back to pay € 9.50 for the Gamertag change again would be unfair since I can not use this account for a Windows error , not mine .

No more , excuse the long explanation but I put in a position to meet people because otherwise I may think I am asking for free things for no reason, and in any case I am asking this argument but simply a mistake and I hope you can correct and keep playing both PC , Windows Phone, and Xbox 360 and Xbox One newcomer almost

Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 33 Applies to:

Hello!  I'm afraid there is no way to change the age of an account once created- the age will always be determined by the birth date put in during account creation.

Honestly, if the age is not correct on an account- particularly on a newly created account, your best option will be to create a new one. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I know that. I spoke with support for multiple channels and their response has always been the same . You can not change the age . For this reason I created a new account.

The problem is to pay to change the gamertag . When Windows created the account without asking age, I did not know that was childish . For this reason I paid 9.50€ in my old account to change gamertag and then I named this account. Now, I had to create a new account because i can't use it.

Account was created bad for Windows 8 error , not mine. I did not put the wrong age, Windows did not ask. I request xbox support to leave me one free gamertag change in the child's account (GLooMan16) so I can change the name and put it on the new account I created.

I did not ask for a gift. But it seems wrong to pay again when it has been a Microsoft error and not mine that was created as a child account.

Thanks for your atention.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi GLooMan,

As much as I would like to give you a free name change, that is unfortunately not an option at this point. The account age was set by yourself when the account was created. 

Hope that clears things up, but let us know if you have anymore questions.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok. Just note that when creating the account automatically from windows, I did not put age by myself, windows put it. For this reason I request a free gamertag change, because it was a Microsoft error, not mine.

Simply show my disagreement, is seen that Microsoft is not going to take responsibility for their mistake.

Take this opportunity to say that does not seem logical need Xbox Live profile to play on Windows 8 and Windows Phone if the platforms are not prepared and you need to use an Xbox 360 to administer it. Xbox Live is the best plataform but need to learn in this things.

Greetings.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Glooman,

I understand where you are coming from. The Xbox LIVE Wishlist/Feedback forums would be the best place for further feedback on Xbox Live. : )

Sorry this didn't help.