Windows 8 Xbox - Grey avatar

Hey guys. So I have made my avatar on my Windows 8 Xbox account, however I'm still seeing my avatar a grey-white figue every time I play on most the games that I got on my win8 PC - as well as my Xbox.com profile, a grey avatar. But down below in my profile, it DOES shows what I'm wearing (Style). At first I wasn't bothered much, till recently when I just wanted my avatar to show. I'm not sure if it's my connection problem? Or am I just missing something here? Help me clear me up on this. >.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey there Pillow! Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Avatar not showing properly. You mention this happening in most games. Can you let us know exactly what games this is happening in? What games is it showing properly in? If it's just affecting certain games, you can try deleting the games completely and downloading them again. Let us know how that goes, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Mister Gwyther.  So far that I've tried in Windows 8 are Wordament, Adera, Pinball Fx2, Minesweeper.  I did remove Wordament, as well as Adera, and re-downloaded them again. Still a grey avatar. I think I also mentioned that my profile is also not showing my avatar. :( Is there any requirement or some sort?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm, what the hey!  I'm seeing an avatar for you on this end.  I'm wondering if it's something just with your PC.  Have you tried resetting it lately?  Made sure Silverlight is up to date?   If there's no love there, then will it let you start over with a new Avatar from scratch?  let's give that a try too if we need to.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem and have been looking through these forums and have found no real tech support answers or acknowledgement that it is a bug.  There are at least 6 other posting where people have given up because of these silly re-download suggestions.  Solitaire is preloaded and has been updated as well as everything else yet still the avatar does not show.  It does not work properly in Windows 8.  It's not important so no one presses further.  Please try to recreate on windows 8 system submit to development as a bug!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there SA2768!  We'd be happy to take a look at this, but we're not seeing the same thing when we try to reproduce it.  Would you be able to upload some screen caps of what you're seeing?

Sorry this didn't help.