Windows 8 sign in issue

I am unable to sign in on the games app in Windows 8 64-bit. Sign in fails with error 0xc101a247. If I try to sign in on xbox.com, it tells me that I need to update to a free Xbox live membership. When I click on the update online button and then accept the terms of use and select email preferences, I get an error page saying

It appears you've found a glitch in the system.
date: 3/10/2013 6:22:46 PM
code: 259A3268C6871F8
s:   KQ+l1zrythxQH8t6g3+w8Q==
id:  9bad46eb-17b1-4640-a0c1-3f4cdc111a4e
req:

1fd70bb2-079b-4781-80b3-3f42a27bb8dd

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 33 Applies to:

Hey there!  That definitely sounds funky.  But I see that you're able to post here, and not just using an auto-created account.  Is this Zalantar the one you're using that's getting the error or is it a different account? Are you able to access the Forums but not the rest of Xbox.com?  Please let us know as many details as possible about what you're seeing on your end and we'll figure out what's up!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same problem. I use the account [MOD REMOVED]. This is the same account with which I logged in on the forum. I got access to the forum, but also after the authorization is proposed to convert the account. In the process of converting the bug occurs.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Valeriy! If you could go ahead and create your own post, detailing your issue a bit more, as well as any troubleshooting you have tried, that would be awesome. We will get right on it. Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.

I created a new topic here. I do not know how to describe the problem in more detail.

I hope I understand you correctly.

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you checked all the info, payment acct + other is current, at http://commerce.microsoft.com ?

If so, suggest you contact a Billing Agent. You can choose Option 1 after finding your country's support line: See http://tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers ...

but a faster way to speak to an Agent is to go to http://xbox.com - sign in there if you can - then go to http://support.xbox.com/contact-us?xr=footnav#0:2:5

Click on Request A Call and type in a few lines explaining your issue and you will get called back quicker than if you waited in queue on hold

Sorry this didn't help.

I checked and filled the data in this profile. I do not have payment options - I do not plan to buy anything yet. The result did not change.

Why do I need to contact the Billing Agent? I just need to get a working account "Xbox LIVE" for the PC. I have already talked to tech support in my region.

Sorry this didn't help.