When I log in to Xbox LIVE on my Windows 8 laptop, it shows an old gamerpic that I haven't used for almost 2 years.
I went digging around online, and found little about the issue other than a bunch of folks have it and can't seem to get it fixed.
One thread (http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/12/p/386955/2002383.aspx) had the following instructions from an Xbox support staff member:
Can you remove your account entirely from your Windows 8 device, then try downloading it to the console, change the Gamerpic to something new, save it, then go back and change it to what you want and save again. Once that's all done, try adding your account to your Windows 8 device again and see if that helps. Let us know, thanks!
I tried to follow these as best as I could by doing the following:
1. Switch from MS account to local acocunt on Windows 8 PC. Un-link from Xbox account.
2. Delete profile only from Xbox console.
3. Download profile back to console.
4. Change gamer pic AND personal pic
5. Switch back to MS Account on Windows 8 PC and sign in to Xbox LIVE.
Even after all this, Windows STILL shows the old picture I used back when avatars first came out.