Windows 10 Xbox App not recognizing an Xbox licensed Arcade Stick

The device manager in Windows 10 sees it as "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows.'  It is a Mad Catz Tournament Edition Arcade Fightstick 'S.'  It is an official controller.  It's not one MADE by Microsoft, but it is absolutely an official Xbox controller.  Anything I can try?  Win 10 is fully updated - the last couple of days I've only gotten Windows Defender updates anyway.  The Xbox App is also fully up to date (manually updated it through the store, as instructed.)

Question Info

Last updated September 6, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

Sorry to hear it.  The controller may be licensed by Xbox but, being Mad Catz, it is still a 3rd party controller and this could be the reason that Windows 10 does not recognize it.  Also, be aware that Windows 10 is still new and more than likely does not have all the authorized 3rd party peripherals added yet.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It works perfectly fine with Windows 10 - it just isn't recognized by the Xbox app for some odd reason - all other games work perfectly fine.  Windows 10 sees it as a 360 controller according to the device manager as well.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, Jaybonaut! At this time, we do not support any controllers other than the Xbox One and Xbox 360 controllers in the Xbox App. You can see this listed on our Troubleshooting Xbox app Game Streaming on Windows 10 support article under the My flight stick/racing wheel/arcade controller/gaming accessory doesn’t work option listed there.

If we do change that in the future, I am sure that there will be updates on Major Nelson's blog as well as the Xbox Wire. Keep an eye there for those updates! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

"Program Manager [Mod Removed] posted an official FAQ..."

"Xbox 360 and Xbox licensed controllers can also be used. "

Uh huh.  Sure.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'd really like support for the Razor Atrox arcade sticks on Windows 10. It's such a shame that I can not use an Xbox One arcade stick on my computer. Could someone please tell me that someone is working on this? I'd really love to use my stick on both Xbox One and Windows 10. Killer Instinct is just around the corner for Windows 10 and we have no arcade sticks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, Marshy. There is no news at this time that these will be supported. I suggest posting up on our Feedback site that you are looking for support for other types of controllers other than the Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers.

Since this isn't a thread that has any support options because we do not currently support these types of controllers on our Windows 10 platform, I'm going to lock this down. If anyone has any issues with controllers that we currently support, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)

Sorry this didn't help.