Have both on pre order, just waiting till mid october to see which one gets cancelled. Really not happy with MS over the mess they have made of this launch. BUT have had a X Box since day 1, so hoping nothing new blows up to put me off. Sad that I have no
trust left at this stage.
I have it preordered, but just not confirmed for release day yet (if I even end up with one on that day). Thought about cancelling the order and waiting until early next year, but not for hardware or possible bug issues. I have a feeling after last gen
that it won't be much of an issue. I just have a major 360 backlog to tackle. By launch time though I may not be able to sit on the sidelines with the One being in full swing.
I can't imagine there'd be any real bugs in the X1...at least hardware-wise. If Microsoft really didn't learn anything from the 360's RROD fiasco, then their next system isn't worth buying. I think they'd be aware of that.
That said, the games are more important, to me. The launch lineup (albeit amazing) are really much of a muchness to me and the only title I found myself wanting Day1 was Titanfall. However, that's in 2014, so I'm happy to wait a few months before getting
a console. Hopefully, there'll be some kind of value-added bundle around, by then...though that isn't all that important.
I would expect a few early UI issues and maybe Kinect control issues that'd be patched within the first few months, so a wait and see approach could save me some disappointment...probably.
All in all, I'm in no real hurry. I still have quite the backlog of 360 games and I'm happy to let the early adopters do the beta-testing. I'm sure there'll be many reports of people's experiences, in the early days. :)