Will Xbox One recognize voice commands from a headset

I have 2 XBox Ones preordered. The one going in my living room isn't a problem, but I'll be damned if I take a camera, connect it to the internet and point it at my bed.  It would still be nice to be able to voice control the one in my bedroom without Kinect.

Discussion Info

Last updated September 3, 2018 Views 24 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

^that my problem with Kinect, they want you to buy a 'camera' for voice controls.

In my console settings, my locale is New Zealand and spoken language set to English Australia (there is no English New Zealand). Many Americans accuse me for sounding like a British Kid. I could set it to English UK but I'd be lying saying my accent was from a country on the other side of the world. I tried saying once Xbox, Go To Final Fantasy XV Demo... it didn't understand me. Sometimes voice commands doesn't work especially if it doesn't understand the app or game title, but for most other things, it works fine most of the time. If having trouble with Kinect, you can just calibrate it.

Xbox 1 has voice commands, but there's a catch. Microsoft wants you to get a Kinect. I've had Xbox 1 since Day 1. And I honestly can say the console with Kinect is well worth the investment. It's a catchy name too. Kinect lets you CONNECT like to your Xbox experience. I kind of moaned to when Microsoft locked out Voice Commands for New Zealand. But they provided an Update several months back which lets us use Voice Commands under New Zealand locale. There are language options like English Australia etc. Several of New Zealanders complained about it and even switched their locale setting to Australia. Now we don't have to do that. Australia is only like 2 hours behind NZ time.  

Another area where MS are being Trumped by Sony.

Lets hope the feature gets added in a future update.

If you want Kinect Features, that's why you get a Kinect. Voice Commands is a Kinect Feature, Kinect Privelage. Next people will be asking "can we play Kinect Sports Rivals without Kinect".

Once it's sold you can buy a notepad to remind you of neat things like:

"Don't post in threads that haven't been active in over five months"

i feel like selling my xbox one cause theres no voice commands from the headset in fact im going to sell my kinect now its the biggist peice of crap,

Ha ha ha.... Wait until you have been married for over a decade and have kid's.

^^ Uhh what? You honestly had to revive this thread with your stupid post?

I am putting a console in both the living room and the bedroom.   The one in the bedroom is not getting the Kinect connected.  And no, I have no tablet, cellphone or laptop in the bedroom.  I don't actually own a tablet, my laptop camera has tape over the lens, and my flip-phones camera broke years ago.  And they still stay out of the bedroom.