Will we get double charged?

A few nights ago I decided to renew my Gold membership after about a year offline. I tried using the default information, but it did not go through, so I added my paypal account and paid through that. This morning my father tells me he confirmed the payment because our bank had put a hold on it, due to it being an out of the ordinary expense. I checked a few hours ago, and saw that the paypal transaction had already gone through. What will happen? Will XBL automatically decline the 2nd payment since it is already activated or what? Thanks in advance!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

From the menu bar at the top of the page choose "My Xbox" and then "Accounts."  This page will show you the "Renewal Date" for your account.  If it is double what you expected, then you have been billed both times.

Whether or not you can cancel the "extra" subscription (if you were in fact billed twice) is a question I cannot answer.  Someone else may know, or, you could place a call to Xbox Support and ask them.

Call Us

Phone assistance is available:

* 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M. Eastern Time

* 6:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. Pacific Time

Phone numbers

* Toll free: (800) 4MY-XBOX or (800) 469-9269

* Direct dial: (425) 635-7180

* Hearing impaired (TDD device): (866) 740-9269 or (425) 635-7102 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting            (425) 635-7102      

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

When you try purchasing with a credit or debit card, we will put a temporary $1 charge on the card. This charge will later be refunded. Is this what your dad saw, or was he seeing a full charge for LIVE? If you were double charged, please contact phone support in your region (support.xbox.com/.../contact-us.aspx).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.