Will we be able to play any Halo games on the Xbox One?

Will we be able to play any Halo games on the Xbox One? Like for example Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4, and Halo Wars.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey HC, that would be awesome! I remember that happened when the 360 came out after the original XBOX. But sadly since those games are written in different code, they will not compatible for the XBOX One. Maybe someday though. Until then I am going to have keep my 360 around to play those games.  

Scooby Doo

Will you be able to play any Xbox or Xbox 360 games on the One?

Right now the next gen consoles are not backward compatible. I am hoping the cloud will allow old games to be played on next gen consoles.

Scooby Doo

within a year no one will care about BC

I really wasn't asking, but thanks!

@ OP. Once again, I knew it was you even before clicking the link.

Do I have to answer you in Klingon again?

Just a heads up guys. This OP NEVER replies on threads he creates and seems to ask questions that are.... Well.... Baffling.

Oh. And he five stars himself every time too.

xenomorph v1, I do question HC HALO 3 RECON's posting tactics, but has it ever occurred to you that he never replies because he/she gets their answers every time? If you get the answer, why feel the need to respond? Although, in this case, I think you're right... Something's definitely odd.

@ GG

"but has it ever occurred to you that he never replies because he/she gets their answers every time?"... Yes, I've definitely considered this... But...

"If you get the answer, why feel the need to respond?"... Because it's the courteous thing to do to respond to the people who have taken the time to answer you.... No?

HC has posted his or her fair share of threads, but never once has he/she come back... Even for a "Thanks all". Besides, I'm definitely not the only one who's noticed.

yea i have seen this, and while i dont condone it i do say he does have some questions i like to know, such as this question on the halo games, yes some are right in a year we wont care to much about bc but some will, some people, like myself, like to put in that old game and sift through it again.  with that said, I loook forward to playing the games on the x1 but i must admit I am going to miss not being able to play the Mass effect games, gears , and halo games.

@ smergy

I get your point... But that's what your 360 is for. You can keep it.

Get the full nostalgic experience, the old games on the original console.