Will This Work? (VGA, 3.5mm audio setup)

Hi all,

I just have a quick question and am wondering if this will actually work properly. The scenario is: I want to be able to hit up some Xbox at night, and to do so without interfering with the rest of my household, I'd like to use my computer monitor in a different room, and headphones.

Now, my computer monitor is a bit older, it only has a VGA input, so I'd be connecting the Xbox up to it by purchasing the Xbox 360 VGA cable. However, my monitor has no built in speakers, and therefore has no RCA jacks for the RCA cable components. 

This is where I'd like to go as direct to headphones as possible. I saw I could buy something like the TurtleBeach XLC's which include a female RCA to male RCA AND female 3.5mm. The XLCs would do game audio and voice chat. 

Now I don't really care if I get voice chat or not, and I'm debating even getting the XLCs at all, but I know I will need the RCA splitter at the very least. This is like I said, sold with the XLC headset, OR seperately from TurtleBeach. Here is the link

REGARDLESS of if I use the RCA splitter to go to the XLCs, or another pair of headphones I already own, will this setup actually work? Can I use the RCA splitter to send the audio signal to the 3.5mm and my headphones, WITHOUT connecting the male RCA side to something like a TV? I don't see why I couldnt bypass the RCA altogether and just go solely with the headphones for my game audio, but I wanted to be 100% sure before I made this whopping $11 investment (potentially $36 if I bother to get the XLCs)

Thanks so much!!
-AHX 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I might be able to help you out with this. The VGA part of the cable provides picture only. The red and white ends and be plug into this www.amazon.com/.../B000I23TTE the VGA cable comes with a female rca and male jack.

let me know if that answers your questions.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.