Will remaining Live Gold Trial days be added to a new gold subscription and can I get Reward points with a trial?

Hi! In the past short time gold offers were added to new subscriptions but has this changed?
I want to buy a new Gold card in a few days and added the 14 Day Gold from my Xbox One to my account today but my account page does not show me as gold member. So will I lose my current free gold days when I add a 12 Month subscription card or will I keep the 14 days for free?

And can I buy games with the 14 day gold trial and get points for the Rewards program with it? Or do I need a "real" gold membership first. 

sincerely
Alexander S.  

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 414 Applies to:

Hello Alexander,

Trial gold membership does not give you full experience of Xbox Live gold , since some of the features might be limited ( for example some trial codes included together with games, will only allow you to play this particular game online). I would advise you to wait until your trial period expired and only then redeem a new prepaid code.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi. I used the 14 Day Gold code from my Xbox One but I wanted to buy a new gold sub in 1-2 days. :-/

If this is no "real" gold I won't get Reward points for buying things on the marketplace?

There should be more details about this on the Trial Subscription cards. It does not say it has limited features, just limited to 14 days.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there Bl4chSh33p,

As per the Xbox Live Rewards FAQ, trial memberships may not be eligible for Xbox Live Rewards. See here: "Xbox Live Rewards can only recognize paid monthly or yearly standard, non-promotional Xbox Live Gold memberships. If you have a different type of membership, we may not be able to recognize you as an Xbox Live Rewards Gold member."

Purchasing an Xbox Live subscription while on a trial SHOULD add the remaining days of the trial to your subscription. I'm not 100% certain on that though.

If this post was helpful please mark it as "Answer" in order to help other community members.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks! I have just added my code for 12+1 month and it seems the 14 day trial was not added. :(

it ends on March 1st.

Sorry this didn't help.

no trials do not stack

nor do they add time to gold memberships

as gold memberships overwrite trial memberships to give you the full gold membership

Sorry this didn't help.

This sucks, I had 2 14 day trials and 2 2 day trials, I added my 12 month gold and it canceled the trials. So now I'm going to miss that extra month of free trials,regardless if it doesn't give the full gold experience. I'm pretty *** about that

Sorry this didn't help.

Please don't bump old threads. Also, if you had added all the trials at the same time, they would have overwritten each other anyway since trials don't stack.

Sorry this didn't help.