Will My XBox ONE Play My DVD's?

I just thought of this.

Will the XBox ONE be able to play DVD's?

Like my Films, my TV Series, my Box Sets?

Will the "Complete Home Entertainment Centre" actually play DVD's or will I suddenly have to buy new versions in a different format?

What do we know?

Thanks in advance.

Az

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm a Bing man, man!

I've never heard of a blu-ray player that didn't play DVDs or music CDs. But then again, I've also never owned 1, so I'm not exactly the foremost expert on the subject. I just skipped straight to digital purchases in HD - looks just as good, saves money since you don't have to purchase the player, & it saves physical space - what's not to like? ;)

I've never encountered a BluRay player that didn't play DVDs and Audio CDs....

[quote user="Lestat573"]

[quote user="Galactic Geek"]

I've never heard of a blu-ray player that didn't play DVDs or music CDs. But then again, I've also never owned 1, so I'm not exactly the foremost expert on the subject. I just skipped straight to digital purchases in HD - looks just as good, saves money since you don't have to purchase the player, & it saves physical space - what's not to like? ;)

[/quote]

You can find a cheap Blu-ray player for about $30 these days if you look around. It might not have internet connectivity or do anything fancy, but it will play Blu-rays. Granted digital is convenient and there are some great services out there, but personally I like having options. 

[/quote]Even at a cheap price, it can't beat not paying anything at all (for not getting a blu-ray player) & skipping straight to digital HD. You are right, though. Having options is ALWAYS a good thing.

Regardless of whether it's an old link or not, it plays DVDs, plain and simple. There's not a blu-ray player that doesn't.

[quote user="SlimyTurt1e"]

Regardless of whether it's an old link or not, it plays DVDs, plain and simple. There's not a blu-ray player that doesn't.

[/quote]

Appreciate the information.

If I'd known the answer there would have been no need to ask the question.

1. the page does open

and

2. we now have people/person complaining about the drive possibly not playing dvd's even when this gen/next gen blu-ray is the fashion?

what will we find to complain about next week I wonder?

Ideas on a postcard people.

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]

The page tries to open but is shut down by my security software.

You might want to run your virus scanner.[/quote]

There's nothing wrong with that page. Perhaps you should get better security software.

[quote]As for "Blu Ray Being The Fashion..." you need to tag "For Those Fools Who Like To Pay More For Their Films" to the end of that line.[/quote]

Or "For those who have decent modern TV's and like seeing details instead of dull jagged pixels."

[quote user="Phantom2k83"]

1. the page does open

and

2. we now have people/person complaining about the drive possibly not playing dvd's even when this gen/next gen blu-ray is the fashion?

what will we find to complain about next week I wonder?

Ideas on a postcard people.

[/quote]

The page tries to open but is shut down by my security software.

You might want to run your virus scanner.

As for "Blu Ray Being The Fashion..." you need to tag "For Those Fools Who Like To Pay More For Their Films" to the end of that line.

Am I complaining that the XBox ONE doesn't play DVD's?

Well I might do that if it doesn't play DVD's but it looks like it does so panic over.

Thanks for the IGN link by the way.

Az