Will I get in trouble for using a gamesave for Fallout 3 that makes the game several times harder?

Let me start off by saying, I don't mod,glitch or cheat and never have, never will.

But I have played over 700 hours of Fallout 3 and it is easily my favorite game on the console. Well browzing youtube I found a video of a modded gamesave a guy made for Fallout 3 on the Xbox. Its not a gamerscore mod, or anything like that. Its just one that adds over 1000 spawn locations for enemies, and makes them have more health and do more damage.

I already have all 72 achievements in FAllout 3, and have had them all for a while. So the only reason I would even think to download this would be to get some more enjoyment out of Fallout 3. 

Since I am not modding my console, or a game, just using a gamesave that makes the game harder, will I get in trouble?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You may want to get someone more "official" to clear this up but I am pretty sure it is against the CoC/ToU. You may not be modding directly but I believe they consider a gamesave like that modding in some way.

Save game data is considered part of The Service. Use of unauthorized tools is prohibited by the Terms of Use. Any sort of modding is against the Terms of Use. Discussion of modding is agains the forum Code of Conduct.

If you want to mod Fallout 3, your best bet is to play on PC.

Aww....thats what I thought. If I had the money I would play it on PC, but alas I don't.

You could always just try to kill everything with a fatman and nothing else. See how many times you accidently kill yourself, haha. It might not be harder but it would be fun.

Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct states;

B. Don’t do the following.

•Don't use the Services to do anything illegal. You are responsible for your actions and the consequences of your actions on the service, not Microsoft.

•Don't cheat in a game unless cheats have been deliberately enabled.

•Don't modify or hack game content to create cheats.

•Don’t make unauthorized modifications to your account profile or its contents.

Xbox LIVE Terms of Use states;

3. Using the Service.

You must not use the Service to harm others or the Service. For example, you must not:

•use the Service or related hardware to design, develop, or update unauthorized software.

Even though it's on a Harder Difficulty, you still are modifying the game & potentially having an unfair advantage [Cheating], by getting more Gamer Points than others playing the Fallout 3 game.. You could also be breaching 2K Games, Bethesda Game Studios or Bethesda Softworks Code of Conduct too...