Will All Games Run in Full HD 1080p 60fps for Next Xbox?

will it happen?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Will it be capable, probably. Will every Game use it, probably not. It's up to each Developer to decide on Features of the Game.

Currently, the xbox and PS3 run most games at or below 720p at only 30fps. 1080p is better than 2x the resolution of 720p. Just to put current games in 1080p at 60fps would require 4x the processing power and more than 2x the memory. That's a pretty steep demand out of the next generation of consoles for a framerate you probably won't notice at a resolution most people don't take advantage of.

It depends on several factors.How powerful the next system is.Banjo brings up a good point.Processing power and memory are big factors.I see no reason why MS can't make a system that is up to the task especially when the new xbox won't be out for another 2 or 3 years.Once developers get the specs then they can build upon that.Most developers are only limited by the console.Take Dice for an example.Their new BF3 game only puts out 702 I believe and is 30fps.If we had a next gen console.I bet it could do 1080p and 60fps.Now will all games run that way.I think it would depend on the game and the developer that makes it.Take a arcade game.They might be just fine having it as 720p and 30fps.But the next gen system will be great for the Big Developers making the big games.Developers are already wanting a next gen..so are hardcore gamers.

Yet current games look and feel fluid at only 30fps because of crafty post processing. With the exception of titles like forza (all 60fps on xbox), everything runs and plays just fine at 24-30fps. I don't see this ever changing.

There's also the issue of the TV used to display the game. While modern TV's sport 120Hz or 3D sets with 240Hz panels, they can only take in 24 or 60Hz signals (i or p resolutions). Most of why LCD/LED tv's look so much smoother is because the display doesn't ever go dark, just the image refreshes, tricking your eyes into seeing a smoother video.

For the resolution issue, it takes being close to a large TV to notice the difference between 720p and 1080p. The next generation of consoles will be the first truly HD systems, because there will be no reason for them to dip below 720p. While they should be capable of 1080p, I don't think anyone's going to complain about a game being only 900p.

Not all games run smooth.Take Bayonetta it runs below 60 fps and has frame rate issues.I have seen other games as well that have frame rate issues..I think in next gen console 60fps  should be the standard.Plus I see no reason why every game should not be at least 720p 60fps at minimum.But they still should shut for 1080p and 60 all the time.

[quote user="LostKauz"]

Will it be capable, probably. Will every Game use it, probably not. It's up to each Developer to decide on Features of the Game.

[/quote]I'll go alone with Kauz on this.  It's like if a TV program is going through a HD receiver but it's SD, it's still going to look bad.  But when the new console comes out, it ought to do a ton more then the current one...or is that a "DUH"? 

I think when the next console comes out MS should tell developers they have no choice but to do it or the game doesn't get released on their system.The new system should be powerful enough so don't let the developers have any excuses.

Not at all. Developers will still continue to cut corners. They have the ability to do so using current gen technology (well not 60 FPS), but they find it more profitable to just upscale because they sell these games without needing to do so in native 1080p. If you get a new console generation, game companies are not going to all-of-a-sudden change what works for them. Thinking that is naive.

Sure some may feel it is expected to do what they can pretty much do this gen because it will be a new gen, but if they can do native 1080p already and don't (with a few exceptions that proved it works years ago), getting a new console in the hopes they won't be as lazy seems like a huge waste.

It should happen.See no reason why they couldnt have a standard.With a new system it should be powerful enough to have a minimum standard of 720 p and 60fps.I think they should do away with upscaling in games.Either 720p 60fps or 1080p 60fps.