Wikipedia states next 360 update will have Internet Explorer??

Along with other things:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_system_software

Is this true?

Or just speculation?

I hope it does to be honest, Xbox should of have a browser ages ago!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Given that anyone can edit a wikipedia page it can't really be used as a reliable source.

I don't think it will be an actual full browser (type web address ...etc), but something like Steam, Origin.

If it was a full browser then you'll get messages "Go to *link* to see ____ having ____"

[quote user="voteDC"]

Given that anyone can edit a wikipedia page it can't really be used as a reliable source.

[/quote]

Common misinterpretation.

They can, and the page will stay the same for about an hour.
Each page is moderated quite regularly and each quote, line or whatever has to be backed up by a source.

there probably on about that Bing search thing that's coming out

for searching zune and other stuff on the dash

And even if they added IE browser, which I doubt, exactly what sites do you think you would be able to browse considering the "rated E for everyone" approach???...it would be limited and pointless which is why I doubt they will include a full browser. Would put my faith in Wikipedia for "new news"

[quote user="Cokney Charmer"]

And even if they added IE browser, which I doubt, exactly what sites do you think you would be able to browse considering the "rated E for everyone" approach???...it would be limited and pointless which is why I doubt they will include a full browser. Would put my faith in Wikipedia for "new news"

[/quote]

Yout not serious are you?

The dashboard is to be rated E for every one, not the apps, films music or games.

Facebook you are supose to be 13 to use but yet that is on the dashboard.

you get access to films of all ages which you access from the dashbord

you get games of all ages accessed from the dashboard.

Come on use common sence will you lol

Yes I agree the 360 is not likley to get a browser of anysort also it would be pointles as it would either be IE bassed and or badly supported like the browsers on the other two console.

really....guess what your own post makes you look like lol

@Maximo Common Sense was used.....think what the browser might be used for by say, the CoD community for example...its more trouble then its worth

Makes more sence than yours.

A browser would be a app IF it ever happend (which IMO it won't)

What you access on a browser would be down to the settings of the 360. Which is why many people under the age of 13 could not link their FB and Twitter accounts to the 360 originaly.

It's only like playing a 18 game or wacthing a 18 film. Like i said the FB app has a Age of 13 and not E

No common sence was not used, What it matter what a browser would be used for? how would this effect me or you?

I don't care for one but others do.

Common Sense is in the eye of the beholder it would seem

certainly looks that way.

But you seem to be taking the E for everyone rating to heart.

It covers your Profile and anything you send via the 360 (that other people see)

The 360 parental control takes care of the rest (if used) Advertisment and Apps which is what a browser would come under which has nothing to do with the E rule otherwise facebook, netflix, Sky, and others would not be on the dashboard.