WiFi Password entered in browser

Hey I recently moved to a new place where the wireless password is entered in an internet browser. The ISP is comcast but the password is entered through the cisco (router) website. When I try connecting to xbox live it says there is no password but is unable to connect. Suggestions please, I might go insane without XBL.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 104 Applies to:

The console will not be able to access networks like this that require a password be manually entered on a webpage.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You might be able to do MAC spoofing. Once you are connected to the Internet from your PC (putting the password in via the web browser), you take the MAC address from your authenticated PC and enter that into the console. See soloution 4 in article support.xbox.com/.../error-cant-access-internet-problem-connection.aspx which has instructions on how to do it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Alternately you would be able to do an ICS connection where the computer hosts the internet for the xbox.

A guide for ICS is located here: support.xbox.com/.../win-computer.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

Very helpful both responses but did not work

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I'm not sure we have the full picture here please read:- forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx

And post back your details in full (the bits that are in bold on that post) so that people may help

If you are wireless can you also state whether you are using the white or black external adapter or the Xbox 360S Internal adapter

Is the router yours or is it a shared complex or something like that?

Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Mac spoofing DOES work (where i am).

If connecting to wireless, connect to wifi on computer, accept terms or input password. Then follow steps suggested by jeemac to find Mac address. Once found, input Mac address as suggested. No spaces, no dashes, no colon, and letters are lowercase. Disconnect computer. Test wifi on xbox.

P.s. I used my Android phone to do it. I don't know if a computer will be differemenunt. To find Mac address on Android go to -menu-settings-about phone-status. Mac address will be there.

Hope this helps the confusion. Ty jeemac, i did a jig when this worked. You solved all my problems.

Sorry this didn't help.

Mac spoofing DOES work (where i am).

If connecting to wireless, connect to wifi on computer, accept terms or input password. Then follow steps suggested by jeemac to find Mac address. Once found, input Mac address as suggested. No spaces, no dashes, no colon, and letters are lowercase. Disconnect computer. Test wifi on xbox.

P.s. I used my Android phone to do it. I don't know if a computer will be different. To find Mac address on Android go to -menu-settings-about phone-status. Mac address will be there.

Hope this helps the confusion. Ty jeemac, i did a jig when this worked. You solved all my problems.

Sorry this didn't help.