Wifi Lag in Multiplayer?

I have a D-Link wifi router on my cable network. It works great for my computers and smart phone with good speed and reliability.

I had my Xbox hard wired to my network and again good speed and a reliable connection with no lag.

I moved my box to the other side of the room where I don’t have a Cat-5 outlet, so I just picked up the Xbox wifi adapter. I can connect to the network and Xbox Live. But, MW3 in multiplayer is super laggy. The ping is fast because it always drops me into the first set of available games. I’m also typically reading four bars and only occasionally drop to three.

I know the Xbox wifi adapter is working because I connected it through my 4G smart phone hot spot. The ping is slower and I only get three bars, but I don’t experience much lag in game.

Any suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

it could be due to MW3 servers, furthermore MW3 requires fast-paced internet speed

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've had friends who used the same connecter and have also tried to use the internal connector with MW games but found hard wired was the only way to have an enjoyable game.  For MW3, I strongly advise to stay wired to reduce the latency.  Maybe others will have better suggestions.

Sorry this didn't help.