WiFi Issues

I've been playing Star Wars and Halo 5 recently, and in multiplayer I experience quite a bit of lag, where enemies are just jumping all over the screen. In Star Wars, every few minutes a warning pops up in the upper right hand corner saying that I have a bad connection. When I watch Hulu or Netflix, I have issues where the video starts and stops repeatedly, making it almost impossible to watch shows. This just started happening recently out of nowhere, and when I run network diagnostics through the Xbox, it shows everything as being completely fine, and all the network numbers are beyond high enough. Could this be some sort of hardware issue with the WiFi from the Xbox? This started happening out of nowhere.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Try this:

From your console dashboard, go to Settings > Network > Go Offline.

Hold down the Xbox button on your console for about 10 seconds. This will force the console to shut down. Unplug the PSU (Power Supply Unit). Wait for a minute. Plug back in your PSU and turn the console back on.

Once the console si completely back on, from your console dashboard, go to Settings > Network > Go Online.

Test your connection.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

When multiple items are connect to and be used by your network it can cause lag on all devices.  This is especially true when it comes to wireless connections.  If you're able to can you try connecting via ethernet?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.