Wierd lag/freeze issue

Hello!

I seem to have a strange issue with my xbox for the past year or so, while playing any game it freezes once second, come back, freezes one second, come back for about 10 seconds and then I would be good for another hour or so.

I swapped my console with another one recently (both are the S model) and seem to get the same issue. The disks are in perfect shape. What I think it could be is perhaps my wireless connection messing up but I'm not too sure how and why it could impact since sometimes I'm not even playing online (connected to live but not playing) and I never seem to lose the connection itself.

Any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hello,

Have you tried installing the games to see if that helps improve the play quality?.. The freezing could be caused by the DVD trying to keep up with how fast your moving/Playing the game, if its in games that require a lot of loading/streaming of the game.

Secondly, (my most hated answer) you may need to clear your cache on the Xbox, as it could be full and causing data swap issues but I would try the first answer injunction with this one and see if that helps resolve the issue.

It shouldn't have anything to do with the net especially if your playing the offline segments of the games. (Unless its uploading to leader boards and your connection is extremely slow, but even then the data being sent if very small)

Let us know. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the answer, I'll try to clear the cache and install a game to see if that fixes it, I'll report back here with results :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.