Wicked sweet OS's

I gotta say, I think MS has outdone themselves in the Xbox interface/ OS sector. While the PS4 looks just like a slightly polished PS3 interface, MS is pullin off some crazy tech with that hypervisor; super-smooth and quick transitions, and just straight up intuitive, though, it's a little hard finding your way around at first. I still don't know how to check downloads, for instance. I keep finding new places/ options. I played it for several hours and then finally found out where all the settings are and that there were full-RGB/ Limited RBG options and color bit depth options.

Cons:

1.) Killer Instinct's graphics suck and looks jaggy. I hope this isn't a result of the tiny GPU-issue lol.  Ryse looks amazing though, so, maybe not.

2.) Input devices have lag while using TV mode, at least that is what my wife is experiencing while plugging her PC into the HDMI-IN port because her monitor only has one HDMI port.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I agree, I am really impressed with how snappy the system is.  I think they could have made it easier to get to the settings from the controller.  But the easiest way is to say "Xbox Go To System Settings".  For all the slickness baked in, I was disappointed over the install process.  It seemed to take an exceptionally long time.  And I am also a bit disappointed with the load times for the game.  I thought with the new hardware it would be much faster.  But I really do love just about everything else so far.

[quote user="Graelock"]just straight up intuitive[/quote][quote user="Graelock"]it's a little hard finding your way around at first[/quote]I don't see how those go together.

If the OS was really intuitive then it should be obvious from the outset where everything is.

[quote user="PSUGRAD1999"]

I think they could have made it easier to get to the settings from the controller.  But the easiest way is to say "Xbox Go To System Settings".

[/quote]Easier from the controller? All you have to do is press the menu button on your controller to bring it up instantly (it's 1 of the buttons that replaced the start or select button from the Xbox 360 controller, I'm not sure which). If you have the controller in your hand, that's easier than the voice command, which can often be spotty.