Wi-fi and controller disconnecting constantly

Followed every support page, troubleshooting, user input that I could find. Hard resets, updates, wireless configurations, console relocation, etc has all failed.

My wireless connection and controller disconnect and then immediately reconnect every two or three minutes. Wired controller/hardwired internet connection do not resolve the issue. Reset and reconfigured my wireless network following microsoft's suggestions for optimizing my network in the troubleshooting pages with no success. Signal strength fluctuates between 70-85% before dropping. Controller disconnects simultaneously every time.

My home network uses two computers, a laptop, phone line, 2 cell phones, ipod, tablet, and two Xbox 360s at any given time - all hold connection fine. Disabled wi-fi on all applicable devices, and disconnected and powered off all devices from my home network leaving only the Xbox One console. Console still fails to maintain connection. Automatic/manual network settings make no difference. Been troubleshooting non stop for the last six hours, quickly wasting my one day off for the month. Would appreciate some advice. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 29 Applies to:
Answer

Update: Just to follow up, wound up setting up a repair order and had the console repaired. Got the console back about a week ago, zero problems. Definitely defective hardware. Issue resolved.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.