Why xbox why? Netflix, etc.

Why do we need gold to be able to use netflix? I don't want to have to turn on my ps3 just to watch it, especially to use youtube, wtf, I'll just use my pc thank you vary much, but this is the reason I'm gonna wait til all the new systems are out next gen and buy the next console carefully(having all 3 is too expensive and tiresome keeping up to date), Services and features means more than a few exclusive titles for me. but yeah, since ppl are paying for youtube on xbox I'm wondering if they still have to watch advertisements pop up each video? LOL

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Sivarius"]since ppl are paying for youtube on xbox [/quote]

no one is paying extra for youtube on xbox.

the price of gold has not increased since it was introduced along with the other apps,so you are getting it free.

[quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]

the price of gold has not increased since it was introduced along with the other apps,so you are getting it free.

[/quote]I thought there was a $10 increase for a gold subscription.

Since when?

i buy off the dashboard ,its not gone up for a long time.

[quote user="Sivarius"]Why do we need gold to be able to use netflix?[/quote]Because Microsoft has tiered the service that way.[quote]this is the reason I'm gonna wait til all the new systems are out next gen and buy the next console carefully(having all 3 is too expensive and tiresome keeping up to date),[/quote]Really? I find it pretty easy to buy most games on the 360, a few exclusives on the PS3, and let the Wii function as a dust magnet.[quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]Since when?[/quote]Since November 1, 2010.

so really nothing to do with youtube being added,if it was in 2010.

[quote user="XBL Prophet"]

[/quote]There was a 10 dollar increase about a year or so ago it went from 50 to 60.It had nothing to do with youtube.MS raised the price of the yearly surcharge fee to give your money to activision to pay for the Call of Duty modern warfare games...So whether or not you play the call of duty games you have to pay extra to activision...

It's a whole package deal, can I use youtube without gold? NO, so that means you have to pay for it

Awesome... we've having this discussion again?  @Sivarius -- if you don't like it, don't pay for it.

[quote user="LordVonDoom"]

[quote user="XBL Prophet"]

[/quote]There was a 10 dollar increase about a year or so ago it went from 50 to 60.It had nothing to do with youtube.MS raised the price of the yearly surcharge fee to give your money to activision to pay for the Call of Duty modern warfare games...So whether or not you play the call of duty games you have to pay extra to activision...

[/quote]

There was a price hike in the fall of 2010.  The reason was not just for Activision, its for all of the "exclusive map packs, first to get maps, exclusive games, and more".  Reference link.

-

Amazon had a deal on xbox live cards for $35.99, its since been bumped up to $37.59.  Which is still a pretty dang good deal.  Link.

Sorry Eggnogga but do you work for MS? if not then I really don't care what you have to say, my ? was directed to MS not a gamer.