WHY was there NO HDMI cords included with the newer slims

I jus bought a 250 gig Kinect package an it didnt even have a HDMI cord I payed over $500 for the sytem why couldnt they spring for a decent HDMI cord ??

my first elite 120 gig had one!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

HDMI cables have not been included for a couple of years now.  I believe it is a mistake, as HDMI cables are incredibly cheap these days... but whatcha gonna do?

This is the company that used to sell a wi-fi adaptor for $100 when all other consoles had one built-in. It is also the company that charges a fee for online play when PS3, Wii & PC gamers pay nothing. In all honesty, I'm shocked that MS gives us a controller with the damned thing.

ok good to know, anyway iam not all that Impressed with these slims they take Forever to log on and the wi fi is very weak, had to go back to hard wired to my 360 :[  it is quite though   :]

Yup. It's so they can sell you that bespoke Standard certified cable separately at ten times the price of what it should cost. A High-Speed certified HDMI cable could be gotten at half that price in a brick-and-mortar store, and even then it's robbery...

I'm not entirely opposed to them leaving it out since you cannot know what length cable people need anyway. My Sony BD player didn't come with an HDMI cable either, but that was easily solved at little extra cost.

^^^^^^^ This , plus we all know how Ms likes to milk is costumers its all in the good health of the company .

I would add that not everyone has a HDMI TV.  But then again, looking at the newest LED's out there, most I looked at didn't even have composite inputs, only HDMI and Component.  How would you like to go to the store and pick up one of those TV's and a Xbox and be forced to buy a cable just to hook it up? crazy man, just crazy

Yup, they include outdated cables to connect the console to outdated equipment. They should either include cables that are actually relevant or drop the crap ones they do include, because they are literal waste.

HDMI cables on eBay are very cheap. So I am not complaining. Buy you a set of three so you can save on shipping and apply them to all your TVs.

HDMI cables were removed from the package for the fact that 80% of people did not have their system set above 480p.  This I can attest to from the systems I have tested when people sell them at the store I work in.  Alot of people who have PS3 and 360 play on the standard out of the box settings and think that they are playing in HD.