why sell faulty hardware?

i understand that the new 360s have had the old problems fixed. i just have one question. can someone give me three reasons to buy another xbox? ill even give you two of them myself. halo and gears of war.

i had an original xbox... it caught the red ring cancer after about 7 months of use. they wanted enough money to fix it where i would have been better off buying a new one. i had an xbox 360 when it first came out... same trouble. this is before they extended the waranty to three years. hell ive even had a microsoft zune 120 malfunction on me after a couple months of use but u know what i did? i bought another xbox 360 (used) and guess what a few months later... same fate just out of waranty. ive dealt with one idiot on xbox live support who got me screwed out of 10 dollars. (the other two people i talked to their were awsome though.) so after that i wrote a hand written letter to the microsoft customer support adress explaining my missadventures with terminally ill xboxes and the red ring cancer they developed. i went on how ive spent thousands of dollars on sub par products and understand that they fixed things. the only thing i asked from them was to at the very least supply me with a personal response and let me know that im a valued customer and i exist. over a month later... no response. so... anyone got a third reason? id preferably like my answer from someone who matters. ive bought 3 systems and got well under 2 years of game play from them combined.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

hrmmm no answer too my hand written letter none to my phone support... none to my thread now. ill go spend my thousand+ dollars on a ps3. oh wait their products last!!!, i wont have too! reading through these forums im not the only one tired of microsofts inability to give answers and to respond to loyal paying customers.  i dont want to but i can give up halo and gears. thanks for nothing bill gates.... wait i take that back i do like windows but forget everything else ive thrown too much money down the crapper. i still own a original working nintendo. i kept my xboxs where they could breath and have yet to reciecve a product that lasted over seven months. forget yall. when my subscriptions up its off renew.... so yeah, thanks for nothing.

Sorry you feel this way. If you want to go to PS3, then go. No one is holding you back. If you had a xbox for 7 months and it red ringed, it would have been fixed free of charge. I think you are not telling us the whole story. Why would you not call support to have them sent in? Sorry your story does not add up.

They make more/lose less money selling crummy hardware and replacing it than by making expensive good stuff to begin with. They make money on software sales. It's just business.

[quote user="dumfounddid"]can someone give me three reasons to buy another xbox? ill even give you two of them myself. halo and gears of war.[/quote]Of the three consoles, it is:

• The quickest to update, both games and the system itself
  • It's the only one that allows full game installs to HDD
  • Live (both Silver and Gold) is arguably the best online service. It hasn't died for nearly a month straight and it doesn't require use of "friend" codes.
  • Mandatory Achivements for all games across the board

That's four, off the top of my head.[quote] i bought another xbox 360 (used) and guess what a few months later... same fate just out of waranty.[/quote]Microsoft has had an extended warranty available for the 360 since the day it launched. ~$50 for two extra full years of coverage, renwable for another year or two after that, is a small price to pay compared to buying new consoles over and over. The paperwork for the extended warranty was in the box with the Launch consoles. Not availing yourself of the extra warranty is your fault, not Microsoft's.

The 360's reilability or lack thereof is a known quantity by now. Buy two (or more) consoles, put extended warranties on each, and rotate usage between them.[quote user="DSAnime"]If you had a xbox for 7 months and it red ringed, it would have been fixed free of charge.[/quote]Normally, it isn't fixed. You don't get your original 360 back, you get someone else's faulty unit that has been "refurbished".

Why must people come here to tell there sob/rant story. Microsoft could care less if you get a ps3. They have made thier money off you. They provide a great service in my opinion. best of luck to you not getting hacked on psn. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out. 2¢

TY for the correction. I knew they sent back out refurbs, I just wasn't thinking clearly. Yes they sent back refurbs, so ifyou sent your system in, make sure you tak eyour hard drive out. That is your tip of the day.

I don't care if you buy one or not.

[quote user="dumfounddid"]

id preferably like my answer from someone who matters.

[/quote]

You know you are on a internet forum right?...

I have had 2 360s red ring on me. Both have been out of warranty and both were "fixed" free of charge. You are doing something wrong.

I've had a couple of 360's, why because I like the 360, it's up to you to decide if want to buy another one... not really our job to convince you either way really.