why release hardware that does not function properly?

i understand that the new 360s have had the old problems fixed. i just have one question. can someone give me three reasons to buy another xbox? ill even give you two of them myself. halo and gears of war.

i had an original xbox... it caught the red ring cancer after about 7 months of use. they wanted enough money to fix it where i would have been better off buying a new one. i had an xbox 360 when it first came out... same trouble. this is before they extended the waranty to three years. hell ive even had a microsoft zune 120 malfunction on me after a couple months of use but u know what i did? i bought another xbox 360 (used) and guess what a few months later... same fate just out of waranty. ive dealt with one idiot on xbox live support who got me screwed out of 10 dollars. (the other two people i talked to their were awsome though.) so after that i wrote a hand written letter to the microsoft customer support adress explaining my missadventures with terminally ill xboxes and the red ring cancer they developed. i went on how ive spent thousands of dollars on sub par products and understand that they fixed things. the only thing i asked from them was to at the very least supply me with a personal response and let me know that im a valued customer and i exist. over a month later... no response. so... anyone got a third reason?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You need to decide that for yourself.

This is a support forum for people having tech issues with their console or with games, connecting to LIVE etc. If you want a debate about the reliability and build quality of the 360 you might be better off posting in the general discussion board.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

this is a question for the support team. i dont need a bunch of average joes validating me. i would like to hear it from someone that represents microsoft... thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

You said 'anyone got a 3rd reason for me?', you didn't specify you wanted a member of MS staff to try and convince you to buy a new 360.
I have a 3rd reason, if you want one then buy one, if not don't bother. That is the only reason that matters isn't it?.

You have obviously had 360's in the past, so one would think that you would be be well enough informed to make your own mind up as to whether you want to buy another or not.

Sorry this didn't help.

hey there OP - We can certainly understand your frustration. However, we do stand by our warranty period for new Xbox 360 consoles, and encourage you to pursue that if you encounter an issue with a new Xbox 360. The vast majority of consoles sold are still alive and well, so chances are you won't have an issue, but if you do, we're here to help. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

thanks miss portia. i am not looking for a warranty loophole, they were taken out in my backyard and put down as soon as i realized they were out of warranty. i am not looking for someone from MS to make up my mind for me grey pilgram. what i am looking for someone from the company to recognize there is a major problem with my experience and apologize to me like i am an actual person. like i said that is all i wanted in my handwritten letter and never received acknowledgement that i existed. now i cant even coax an apology on a message board that has employee representatives!? im done. thanks again for nothing microsoft.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have to ask, since no one else has yet, if you know the hardware is faulty then why do you continue to purchase it? Seems to me you had all the facts yet refused to listen to them, hence taking responsibility for your decisions.

MS doesn't need to apologize. They offer a three year extended warranty for their RRoD issue. Also, it is not a great idea to purchase used consoles unless you know for certain the previous owners history. For all you know they could have done something to void the warranty or get the console banned from XBL.

If you need someone else to convince you to stay with a product that you do not like or agree with then perhaps you should just move on. After all there are other choices out there for gaming and no one is forcing anyone to stay here.

Good Luck.

Sorry this didn't help.