Why not include the USB cord required to update the controllers?

To be honest I didn't realize the controllers were going to have to be updated but when I found out I also realized the cord didn't even come with the controller. I know I have had this kind of cord somewhere in my house but I cannot find it. I also can't find one at Wal Mart. Now I have to either find one in my house or drive 30 miles to Best Buy to get one. Why not just include this little $10 cable?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

The cable is included with the new Xbox One stereo headset, however I'm not certain if it is included with just the puck itself. My guess would be that IF you do not use the new puck adapter, there is really no need for the cable nor a controller update.

-Jim

Because that would show forward thinking. And this is Microsoft after all.

My headset came with the cable.  What model did you buy?  A micro-USB cable is pretty common these days.  I have a pile of them in a drawer.  

Because that is added cost (not defending only explaining). Every phone and tablet device I have (except the iPad) uses the same cable. It comes with the recharge kit and also with the headsets.

BUT I will say that the upgrade did not work with the first one I tried. It wouldn't detect the controller even though it would charge with it. I ended up using the one that came with the charge kit.