Why, Microsoft? WHY?!

I'm not exactly sure where to post this in the Forums, but I'll just post it here. Yesterday I got an e-mail saying my Gamertag (which was Ubermensch 1948) was deemed inappropriate by the Enforcement Team and that they auto-changed it. First off, I don't understand how in the world that would be inappropriate as it only means Superman in German (racist MS I guess...), but that's not exactly why I'm here. I tried changing it to something else as it gave me a lame Gamertag SlowJoey-something (my name isn't even Joey, but whatever... auto-gen...) and it said I would have to pay $9.99 to do that. I was mad but did it anyway. Later on I tried signing into my Xbox Ambassador profile and it says I was removed. I was almost level 8 and had 6,265 XP and now I can't be in it because Microsoft thought my APPROPRIATE Gamertag to be against their policy?! Is there anyone I can talk to that could possibly revoke the action and at least let me join Xbox Ambs again? I did nothing wrong! Ever since Microsoft decided to freely allow anyone to join Enforcement United/Xbox Ambassadors it's been infested with little kids who just troll or mark good Gamertags as offensive. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Doesn`t the word have other religious meaning?

Microsoft tend not to allow religious expression in gamertags.

-

No one with any enforcement on their account can be an ambassador.

-

Edit :just noticed the one you have chosen to be your new one,that probably will get a forced change too.

[quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]

Doesn`t the word have other religious meaning?

Microsoft tend not to allow religious expression in gamertags.

-

No one with any enforcement on their account can be an ambassador.

-

Edit :just noticed the one you have chosen to be your new one,that probably will get a forced change too.

[/quote]Yes the original GT falls under the religious catagory.  

No Ubermensch has no religious meaning. It means SUPERMAN in German, coined by Friedrich Nietzsche who was a profound atheist in his book Thus Spake Zarathustra. Microsoft is racist...

Why would my new one get changed too? It means Almighty/Powerful in Ladino, a language I speak.

[quote user="Abastado"] It means Almighty/Powerful in Ladino[/quote]

If you have took part in the enforcement united programme you should know the type of gamertags that are being reported,anyone seeing your new tag are very unlikely to know its translated meaning,and may end up reporting it.

-

As far as you first tag is concerned,its still got religious undertones if its about atheism.

They had a clampdown recently on people who had the word Jew in their tag,even if it was used positively.

It is not about atheism either, I'm just telling you the guy who coined it was an atheist since you said it was religious. It simply means Suuuupppeeerrrmmmaannnn, guys. Superman in German, my goodness. Honestly I have no idea why the Enforcement United program was introduced, the old system wasn't broken. I hate having to change my Gamertag so often just because a couple of ten year olds think it's offensive.

Ten year old`s don`t decide what tags are offensive,i am sure you need to be 18 to join it.

-

Try looking on google for the original tags alternative meanings.

Again, it means Superman. Not necessarily a superhero, but a super human being with great power and intelligence. That's all it means, even if you interpret the word literally in German it is nothing offensive. I searched for profiles with Ubermensch on Xbox and I've found plenty. Not sure why mine was deemed practically heretical by Microsoft though. They should at least let us change the condemned Gamertag for free, after they auto-change it to something with no taste.

[quote user="Abastado"] I searched for profiles with Ubermensch on Xbox and I've found plenty. Not sure why mine was deemed practically heretical by Microsoft though.[/quote]

Maybe the number on yours has a meaning too.

I might just add this in for clarification.  The Enforcement United program allows users to cast only a first look response at reported Gamertags.  They still aren't the final say.  It still falls to the Policy & Enforcement Team to make the ultimate call on a Gamertag's potentially offensive qualities.  Apparently they agreed with those who reported it, and those who confirmed it, that it was in fact in violation of the Code of Conduct, for whatever reason.  I don't know what those reasons are myself, and I'm sorry that this happened.  As for your eligibility for the Ambassador program, I would at least private message Miss Ermine to see what, if anything, could possibly be done.