Why Microsoft may have succeeded in ruining my Holidays

I admit that the subject line of this post sounds over dramatic for such a ridiculous post, and don't think that I am hating, but I woke up to great disappointment this morning and it is all thanks to Microsoft and I suppose 1980's grade school rules about how holidays fall on the calender.

For years I had it in my mind that the third Thursday of November was supposed to be Thanksgiving, and when Microsoft made the impression in my mind that Xbox One would be released on Black Friday and then was scheduled to be released on Nov 22nd (the third Friday this year), it was solidified in my mind that Thanks giving would be tomorrow.

So I woke up this morning all excited that I wouldn't need to take the kids to school tomorrow and Friday, but when my daughter mentioned that she did not have school on the day before Thanksgiving, I took a look at the school calendar, I found that they had listed Thanksgiving as next Thursday.  Confused I looked it up on Google, and the date was confirmed.  I was devastated, I mean I wasn't expecting a big to do for Thanksgiving due to the fact that I have to work that day anyway, but I get excited any time that I can sleep in for a few extra hours.

Suffice it to say, I wish Microsoft would had waited for Black Friday to release the Xbox one.  I will be cursing Microsoft up and down the next two days as I stare bleary eyed down the street as I drive my kids to school.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I dont know what school you went to but I was always told Turkey Day is the fourth Thursday in November. Seems like you got a little confused about things.

Wouldn't misreading the calendar be your fault and not Microsoft's?  I mean it's not like they show up at your door every morning and say "Hey, just to let you know today's the 20th."

lol

[quote user="x24hrs2livex"]

I dont know what school you went to but I was always told Turkey Day is the fourth Thursday in November. Seems like you got a little confused about things.

[/quote]I agree with this.  I don't it's MS's fault that you can't remember when Thanksgiving is.  It sounds more like confusion on the OP's end.  

I'm from the U.K. & i know the U.S. celebrates thanksgiving on the fourth Friday of November

4th Thursday of November as others have stated.   As Onyx mentioned, it is a bit of a stretch to blame MS for your failure to know when Thanksgiving really is.

Funny how no one who responds on these forums can tell when someone is making fun of the cituation, I guess the xbox community isn't grown up enough to get my dry humor.

Hey, what do you expect when you guys south of the border celebrate Thanksgiving a month late.  Oh and btw, notice the LOL in my last post?  

Again..... lol

PS.  It's spelled situation.  ;)

I could detect the humor in your post. But it still makes me wonder what you were taught in school, or if you have been celebrating a week early all these years

I don't know what you mean by south of the border, unless you mean south of the Canadian border.  As far as celebrating early, I really haven't paid much attention to when Thanksgiving took place until this year when the Xbox One was announced.  That's when the gears in my head fixated on the idea that 1) Black Friday would be a good day to release a major console, 2) Microsoft announced the release of the Xbox One on 11/22/13, 3) Hey check it out the 22nd of November falls on a Friday this year, the third Friday to be exact, 4) Hey didn't some teacher that I had a million years or so ago tell me that Thanksgiving comes on the third Thursday of November, and 5) OMG, 11/21/13 must be Thanksgiving.  What makes this train of thought amusing is that it came across my mind months ago when the Xbox One release date was announced.  If it wasn't for the Xbox One, Thanksgiving would have just snuck up on me just like it does every other year.  I was mainly just venting and laughing at myself because I had it all built up in my head, and didn't realize my failure until just today.  If you want to keep making fun of me for this fine, just keep in mind that people have made far stupider mistakes than thinking that a major holiday falls on the wrong day, pretty sure most of you fall in that category.

All evil is the result of Microsoft, they may not be directly connected, but they will always be connected in some way.