Why is XBOX WIFI speed so crappy

I have extremely good router and a very good WIFI signal in my house, Standing in the exact same room with my XBOX, other devices can get 20-25Mbps.

Yet the xbox itself, despite showing 4/5 bars WIFI signal seems to have a totally crap download speed, I ran a speedtest from internet explorer and it said less than 2Mbps. This means I cannot even stream video to my xbox.

Does anyone know why the WIFI is no bad on my xbox, yet is so good on all other devices in the house, any way to improve it ?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Could be interference, or the channel that your WiFi is operating on. Either way, using the Xbox's IE is a terrible way to get network statistics. Use the network test in Network Settings to get a better average. The bars that it shows again, is average, not real time, your signal could be jumping from a good SNR to a bad SNR, but the average would show that the signals are 'okay'. Keep in mind Mbit and Mbyte are two different units of measurement. Ideally you'd want a wired connection to avoid any disturbances in your quality of internet service.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.