Why is xbox live doing nothing .......

I have made lots of complaints about a player giving out my phone number in online lobby's. Why are they still doing it ???? Why us xbox live not stopping them, after all this is what is says in their code of conduct. This has been going on weeks now, I block the player and they then change game tags !!!!! B. Harassment Do not harass, abuse, bully, or spam other players, or encourage other players to do so. Do not use Xbox Live communication channels (including, but not limited to text messages, in-game chat, party chat, Kinect chat, and forums) to scream/yell at, threaten, or stalk other players, or encourage other players to do so. Do not encourage harm or violence against people or animals. Do not give out personal information of other players (such as their real name, physical address, IP address, email address, phone number, credit card number, etc.) in any way, including, without limitation, through voice chat, text communications, gamertag, or profile content. This information could be used by other players for illegal or harmful purposes. Any non-game-related conversation that takes up a substantial amount of the forum, chat, or in-game chat space and prevents users from finding game-related information may be considered a violation of the Code of Conduct.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

No need to spam the forums asking the same question.The enforcement team get 1000's of complaints per day which all have to be investigated so it takes time.

As several people have already said,your best bet would be to change your phone number if it's that much of a problem.

I have changed my number but I get msg from concern players and friends making me aware of what is happening.  I'm not spamming the forums so if you can't help don't answer !

You have this post,another one here forums.xbox.com/.../1631159.aspx & another one here http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/f/341/t/1631157.aspx

You only need the one thread.I have tried to help,you have to realise that action on a filed complaint takes time & abuse of the complaint system will result in you getting a suspension.

You only need to make one complaint.

Apologises, just alittle stressed can't afford to change name or tag at min, signed on this am to 8 threatening msg from the person. Have filed complaint and blocked again till they change name again. Sorry again will wait and see what happens.

How did they get hold of your number? I'd like ring MS directly and see if they can help. Might be a bit quicker.

They were a friend, played same lobby's with others for over a year. Made mistake adding to fb!!!

Have you tried setting communications to friends only?

Have you also muted and blocked each person bothering you? I'm sorry to hear someone is bugging you like this, but there's not much else to do. If they change their gamertags, the complaints you file on them will still count, it doesn't matter, so if they keep bothering you, keep reporting them. This way they'll see how many times you filed a complaint on them over the time.

[quote user="streamybatgirl"]

Apologises, just alittle stressed can't afford to change name or tag at min, signed on this am to 8 threatening msg from the person. Have filed complaint and blocked again till they change name again. Sorry again will wait and see what happens.

[/quote]

They're threatening you? In what way? this could be more of a legal matter.

Why is it hard for people to block others?  It's right there in your menu.  Blocking is when you stop someone from contacting you.  So if you keep receiving threats it's because you don't seem to realize that you are 2 clicks away from stopping it.  And I would have just changed my number if someone was giving it out.  I guess I'm an action-oriented person.  I do what I can to help myself.