Why is this happening?

This involves two accounts. We'll start with mine. It's been on the same Slim console since I bought it in 2012. Why was I suddenly forced to re-enter my password? It hasn't changed. The account is on 3 consoles in the same household that I use as well. Now why would it ask me to prove myself on my main console...but not my second Slim nor the Modern Warfare 2 console we have? I figured it'd want proof I'm me on OTHER consoles, not the main one. Why do I need to use proof on the main console?
<br>
The other one is with my girlfriends account, xxTia. Every time she tries to play, the first login attempt wants security proofs. We have to log her out and back in to bypass this. Her account has also sat on the main console since we got it in 2012. It's on that and the Modern Warfare 2. It asks to add more security...yet her email, MY email and BOTH of our cell phone numbers are on file for the account.
<br>
I've never ran into account problems like this. It's extremely irritating that we have to prove ourselves on a console we've owned since January of 2012. Fortunately we can still access out accounts but I'm sure the frustration is understandable. Especially since this only recently popped up a couple months ago AFTER we added so many proofs. How much more do you want?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Also...I can't believe the forum STILL doesn't pick up line breaks. Been years since that problem appeared here...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

A lot of people are having that issue.  You're not alone.  But at least it is only a minor annoyance.

As for the line breaks (as seen above this line) simply hold the Shift key down while you hit Enter on the keyboard. 

This feature works in Rich Text Formatting.

Sorry this didn't help.

They pushed out an update awhile ago for the Xbox one coming out and they wanted to make sure everyone knew their information (email/password), I had to do the exact same thing. If you enter your password and it won't take, just reset your password, and you'll be good to go.

As for your girlfriends account, they also set up a new security update wanting another email and phone number that work and can be verified. It's just in case you ever need to reset your password or do anything major to your account.

I had to do it and my account has been on the same console for the last 2+ years. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

I use Shift+Enter for line breaks. It doesn't work in Firefox it seems then. As for the account issues, I can understand that...but I added more information to hers when it asked. It still asks for it from time to time. It's working for now.

Sorry this didn't help.