Why is the Support Number disconnected?

Seriously,

I seem to be one of the few cases of 360s that cant read new discs without burning it to my hard drive and erasing half my memory. Any help with this would be great, in any manner, considering 0800 - 587-1102 doesnt seem to be paid up. Think Im done buying my annual Xbox console. Even as a passionate gamer, I sometimes regret buying a next gen console at all considering how distancing the corporations spearheading gaming are from the consumer, yet they seem to be comfortably keen on raking in my hard-earned money and giving me a broken or incomplete piece of plastic and metal. Sorry if I seem disillusioned. I am. Tired of buying an incomplete, rushed, buggy-to-no-belief software & hardware, ie: Fable 3 (everyone I know with the exception of one person experienced a game-killing glitch: mine? My good female character and my evil male character somehow merged into one unisex person. I hope you think Im kidding. Im not.) Nothing was done about it, though Im not entirely sure what could've been done (besides properly giving your people time to work on the game before release). No public apology. No corporate responsibility. Nothing. Im sure Mr Molyneux is happy with my $120, though personally Im done with Fable games or anything to do with Molyneux & Microsoft. 

I came to see where one applies for a new, possibly working, Xbox 360 and only found someones warning about tampering with hardware. I know I dont seem like the most joyous person at the moment but any help relating to a working support number or any proper details regarding where one applies for a new console, mayhaps one that will read new discs, will only have my thanks and the happiness of avoiding me.

PS: I clean my consoles lens almost daily at this point (been trying anything to help), but I dont think its the lens that causes LA Noire to fail to load, or gives me an 'unable to read disc' msg, or if it does manage to load, crashes my box after two steps. Microsoft and Rockstar games seem to gimme the worst trouble...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Fallout New Vegas is burned, legally and within my rights as a customer, Im fine with putting the CD in. Sadly, this game isn't working either. It simply wont read it and shows 'Open Tray' option :( even though its on my hard drive. Sorry to post this thread under such a strange title, I just prefer to use the phone. Heres an image of my Xbox telling me no...

Help

http://i.imgur.com/qlfTw.jpg

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Seems like Microsoft is handling these issues VERY professionally...

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm assuming you've tried all of the steps in this guide? If so, it sounds like your console will need a repair. You can set one up here, if you like.

And to be clear, when you say the game was 'burned legally,' do you mean copied to the HDD?

Sorry this didn't help.

Clearing the cache seems to help sometimes. Hopefully, it'll help someone less compromised than myself. Thankfully the update didnt hit my console as hard as some of these others.

But that doesnt explain why it wont read American DVDs, or why my Netflix simply banned me temporarily.

Sorry man, to be clear, when you put a game in your console and press 'Y' (details), and install game by pressing 'A', you copy that information to your hard drive, excuse my lack of technical linguistics by calling it burned. By doing this process you negate the game having to read straight from the CD constantly, am I right? Only occasionally, for right sake, yes?

Since the update Ive been frequenting this:

imgur.com/wZBA1l&AA5Zy

How is this MY fault? We should be able to play the games we paid for on the systems we paid for without having to accept xbox-bricking updates if we dont chose to. Honestly, since the whole Playstation Fiasco I've been sincerely glad to have chosen a corporation THAT ACTUALLY ENFORCES STRICT ONLINE RIGHTS. I've come to truly appreciate that.

However, absolutely no one should have to accept a security update that negates their system entirely. I'd rather have a system to play my software on rather than have a hardware paperweight I get to keep buying yearly. Fun times.

Has Microsoft and AT&T had a falling out? This is the only way I can seem to get in touch with anyone, in any way, regarding Microsoft at the moment. Regardless of how bitter I sound, I sincerely appreciate your help Fitzer. Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

"Only occasionally, for right sake, yes?"

*For online right's sake

-- Hope you at least get a pat on the back if ya don't get a promotion, Fitzer. Thanks for replying.

Sorry this didn't help.

You mentioned being able to play American discs? Are you in the US currently? If not, you may be experiencing an issue with region-locked discs.ooks

The image you showed from L.A. Noire looks like serious graphical corruption. Do you have a similar issue with other games? If so, make sure the console is in an open, well-ventilated environment (as a hot console can occasionally cause those kinds of issues). If it is, and this is occurring with different types of video cables, too, the console may need a repair.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've pretty much given up, man. I appreciate it. Lost my faith in this ******* company. So tired of a company that can make decent hardware throwing crap hardware at the "gaming" public, that MIGHT last two years. Mayyybe. And thats stretching it. Seriously. No offense.

I live in America, I play American discs. My Xbox sits in the open on top of my entertainment center, with a Nyko series 2 intercooler on it (not the one that melts to your system, either). Its only having serious problems reading newer games, as LFD, Sacred, Saboteur and several other old discs read fine, for the most part. I have immense problems with reading LA Noire, Fallout New Vegas, and only a handful of new games. As I've stopped buying newer games, now altogether. What good are they gonna do my system if it wont read new games? And somehow this is MY FAULT, that I buy a new, however faulty, system. Awesome!

I tried to play New Vegas again now, and as usual it wouldn't read, so I used some compressed air to try and clean the lens. Thinking this might be the problem. Still wouldn't read. So I pop in LFD, works fine. Tried New Vegas again, denied. Tried AC: Brotherhood, works fine. Tried New Vegas again, denied. So I tried New Vegas in my fiance's console, reads fine. WTF?!?! And this is my fault? Never should've accepted the useless Xbox-bricking security update with this older console. I was even reading up on it before I did it. That theres a chance older consoles will lose their ability to read new discs. Thought mine might be at risk, but surely if it was Microsoft had a plan. Some plan. Have people pay to get a repair, or new console. Maybe your happy working for them Fitzer, but I'm tired of fighting my Xbox everyday now to get it to read the new games I've worked hard to purchase, maybe they look out for you. I feel they are definitely not doing the same for me. I bought this console to relax or to absorb myself in a story, not to be ridiculed by it with its demonic "Open Tray" text while a new game dumbly sits in the drive. I think most people like to experience new imaginary circumstances with a friend or two maybe. This, I dont get to do anymore, because my console wont read new discs and if it does it seems temporary. Taunting me with moments of "Oh that would've been fun... if it wouldn't crash". New games for me now, have been seeming more and more like demos. So most of the time I'm forced to walk down Nostalgia Lane, where I get to play games of yesterday, and if my friends wanna play with me this is where they'll find me.

As of now, defeated, I've unplugged my Xbox. I was able to keep the Xbox on with New Vegas running smoothly yesterday, now it won't read it at all. Other games will. And like I said, New Vegas will read in the fiance's Xbox, it isn't a faulty disc. Just my Xbox when it comes to reading certain newer discs.

Sorry this didn't help.

So now I've spent the rest of the day trying to recover my gamertag, because I gave my Xbox a chance... aaand it deleted my profile. Everytime I recover my gamertag it tells me Xbox LIVE signup is currently unavailable.

Worst. Company. Ever.

Sorry this didn't help.