Why is the audio from HDMI 24KHz?

I bought a XBOX 360 bundle last month (Jan, 2012). When I connect the XBOX 360 S to my vidoe/audio system through HDMI, the audio is 24K Hz. The sound is not very good. When I Google the XBOX specification, I found this page: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906660. It says that the XBOX supports 48K Hz only. Does the spec change recently?

How can I check the my XBOX software version? I believe it did an automatic update when I turn it on the first time. However, I can not find the update menu anymore.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hello! Where are you getting the reading from? The console does support digital audio output of 48KHz, and if your equipment can support that specification, that's what it should use. Have you tried a different HDMI cable? Are you connecting the console to an audio receiver with video pass-through, then to your TV or Monitor? These systems can sometimes not "play nice" with the HDMI handshake process, and may induce errors in the audio or video streams, which is what you might be seeing. Another method of connecting the console (That ensures HDCP compatibility) is to connect your console directly to your TV or Monitor, then use the optical outputs to connect to your audio system.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.