Why is Live always going down with unscheduled interruptions? Like right now...

It makes me think why the Xbox teams are not doing a better job to ensure the consistency of live availability.

We shouldn't be paying for a service that is constantly interrupted due to lack of resources, maintenance, etc. Optimize the service and get it up to speed. This is ridiculous.

Discussion Info

Last updated September 18, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Loss of core services yet again,  why do we pay for a service that we are clearly not getting!  100% package loss.  Seriously!  Test my Internet and systems,  well hello I have 1 of the highest download and upload speeds in the country,  everything else works fine but hey core services are not

Yes ,totally agree - i have fast connection also, everybody else online apart from xbox.

seriously ten years of this is getting too much.

I take it it is a bit like labour politics in Scotland- take every member for granted  we'll get their vote- when for years no change.

This happens way too much on the one.  Besides paying for live itself I have 5 pay for service apps that I use solely on my one.   They need to compensate us for more than live.  This did not happen as much for the 360. This current outage is well over an hour.  Get it together microsoft

any word on this problem getting fixed. Pay money for a service you don't get?????

absolutely. Happening again right now...

I gave up cable and other forms of entertainment for xbox one. They told me that I could do that. That I could rely on them for ALL of my entertainment needs.

Fine microsoft, it's time for you to learn the lesson of big cable companies. I'm going to start doing to you what I use to do to them....

Every time my service goes out, i'm calling you and demanding a credit....With cable, it was usually credit on my bill for the time lost.....but with xbox, you will just be buying me a new year of live....on the house....

You want to be a big bad entertainment giant?!? Then step up your game because people are going to start treating you like the entertainment giant and demanding refund for your screw ups....

Here we go again, same crap. Wasted money on wasted service is how I feel. Not reliable at all.

From the Terms of Use:

6. Service Availability.

a. The Services, Third-Party Apps and Services, or material or products offered through the Services may be unavailable from time to time, may be offered for a limited time, or may vary depending on your region or device. If you change the location associated with your Microsoft account, you may need to re-acquire the material or applications that were available to you and paid for in your previous region.

b. We strive to keep the Services up and running; however, all online services suffer occasional disruptions and outages, and Microsoft is not liable for any disruption or loss you may suffer as a result. In the event of an outage, you may not be able to retrieve Your Content or Data that you’ve stored. We recommend that you regularly backup Your Content that you store on the Services or store using Third-Party Apps and Services.