Why I will never buy another Xbox

Honestly I've been a longtime Microsoft supporter and Xbox 360 user/Live account holder, but after being charged for Xbox live 3 months in a row after selling my 360 and vigorously attempting to cancel my subscription I can say that last 9.99 was what broken the Camel's back. They just made my decision to not buy an Xbox One that much easier, and I really wanted to but these so-called "Supervisor's" at their call center can do absolutely nothing. They cannot refund me my 9.99, which I bit the bullet on the first two months because of "Auto-Renew" and "well your account had a past-due balance". What they can do is look up multiple calls in their system where I have tried to cancel and turn off auto-renew, but they cannot so much as send me a free month card after being un-willingly charged 3 months in row and a Live member since 2007, beyond unacceptable.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 53 Applies to:

Hey there! I certainly apologize about your issue and can relate to your frustration.  I would recommend contacting Xbox Support again to see if another agent would be able to give you some compensation regarding your issue.  You can do that by click the link below.  For details on how to turn Auto-Renewal on or off, check out the Managing LIVE Auto Renewal thread. :)

http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There are a lot of factors that go into the refund consideration process.  Most importantly, they look at whether or not it falls within Microsoft's policy boundaries for refunds even with exception to your current situation.  They look at your refund history, payment history, tenure, and even the amount of the charge.  If it is for a one month subscription the policy is that a one-month subscription charge is non-refundable, especially if you have already received a refund within the same 365 day period.  As for viewing your attempts to cancel auto-renew, yes they can see that.... they can see when you've called and what you've discussed.  If auto-renew cancellation was requested and not completed properly, that WOULD be sufficient reason to refund the charge.  However, if they cannot verify this information, their hands are tied.  You should try calling back and see if they can locate history of your attempts to cancel.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well I do understand that, and all the business-end scenario's, but I have never been issued a refund before, nor have I even attempted to receive one for any reason because I was a completely happy customer. However that does not excuse the complete disregard for customer satisfaction by these Supervisors, I mean what it all boils down to is I said to him " Sir please if you could just help me out here and work with me, because at this point if this matter is not resolved you will be losing a customer for life" If I was a supervisor and I heard that, I would do everything in power to just give that person a meager 9.99 refund, or at the very minimum a free 1-month card, which btw I cannot even use seeing as how I no longer have a 360, but the attempt to keep me satisfied would have at least reconciled the situation.

Sorry this didn't help.