Why has my account name changed ?

Hi I was strigoi1958 when I just had a pc and bought windows games before my account was accessed. Now I do have an xbox (only for kinnect games and never online). But as I was playing AC4 on my pc and it gives points to link accounts I thought I'd sign back in and link up and get my points but after so long away I couldn't remember my password so I reset it but when I logged in I found this user name... have I accidently linked to a different account or has all my account details gone ?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Also when I tried to change my gamertag it says my old name is in use ?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

well I remembered my password but it is still linked to my old email address... but the new email address is linked to the BeastlierBeef5 account ?     My new email account was put in via my xbox so maybe that's where the problem lies. I now seem to have 2 accounts. This one with the wrong email address... and the one above with my current email address but no links to my games or achievements....

Sorry this didn't help.

My apologies for starting a new post -- not familiar with this forum.  See related issue under "My Gamertag has changed too...." -- I meant to add my input here, but I 'posted' when I should have 'replied'.  Here's what I had to say:

"I, too, am experiencing the exact same problem.  My account appears to be the same as when I last left it (I've been playing under a different avatar without a live sign-in), but I purchased a new tablet and when I went to sign-in to the 'games' app, my gamertag wasn't my own and I've been trying to correct this ever since.  I've done everything from blocking ANYthing under Security to using that crazy extra four-digit security add-on to my sign-in to even trying to change my "one-time" allowed gamertag to my original gamertag but yes, I was also informed that this gamertag was 'already in use' -- well yeah, by ME!

So how does one go about removing a highjacked gamertag and should I be concerned that my brand new tablet possibly has a virus already right out of the box?  I'm not very experienced in the whole "gamer" thing -- no offense -- but my brother does have me addicted to Skyrim and now I am hopelessly 'hooked'.  How do I assure him that he, too, hasn't lost control of his console?!?  At the moment, it appears that all of my 'fussing' now has me coming up first on the screen rather than what used to be all of our avatars (before you sign-in or not but getting to chose which avatar is utilized) AND it's in 'offline' mode.  What???  Very, VERY confused................"

Sorry this didn't help.

bump  anyone ?   do I now have 2 accounts ?   has someone started an account using my new email ? all I want is the "beastlierbeef5 account closed (as my games are linked with this strigoi1958 account) and my new email address moved from the beastlierbeef5 to this strigoi1958 account

Sorry this didn't help.