why dont I have a full access to MY OWN THING??????

Its a message to the highest person on Microsoft

why dont I have a full access to MY OWN THING

I Just bought a game from Amazon.com but the game wont run on MY XBOX becouse the region code

Is that how Microsoft treat thier customers???  NOT give them access to thier own stuff

I just want my rights to play with my console the games I bought with My own money

Is Microsoft gonna buy Xbox to me or even part of the price????

give me one reasonable reason for this act??  I'm sure there is no reason for this

I travel alot between America and Europe, should I buy two Xbox consoles to play?????   is that even fair?????

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

As you have found out, there are games that are region-locked, meaning it will only play on an Xbox from that region.

If you want to import a game, make sure you buy a region-free game.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I seriously doubt whether 'The highest person at Microsoft' (which is Steve Ballmer) reads the Xbox forums.  I can understand your frustation here, but region lock outs on games have been going on since the birth of the games industry, you can't put all the blame on Microsoft.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, so let me see if I got this right:

-You bought an Xbox game for your console from an internet website.

-Apparently you didn't bother to take into consideration that region coding will affect your purchases if you buy from out of your region.

-Now since you didn't bother to do any research whatsoever you are blaming MS for your mistake.

-What you need to do is contact Amazon and see what their return policy is.

-Not all games are region coded but there are some it would behoove you to find out which ones are so you don't look the part of the fool when you come here ranting expecting someone else to fix your problem for you.

-And no, MS is not going to do anything for you, it is completely your fault and you need to resolve it yourself.

Sorry this didn't help.

thank you all for your respond

Mr.Temhotabot let me respond to you on your answer:

you miss the fact that I "I travel alot between America and Europe" I said that in the last line

why dont I blame the company that make games for treating the players by thier region not all the same

they all pay the same price for the games

OPEN YOUR EYES, go to google and search "xbox360 region code" and see

Every body dream of a free region console

and one more thing

If you talk to any body be decent

Sorry this didn't help.

MS would love to make region free consoles but the reason they can't is a political one. So if you want to blame someone blame the goverment as it is them who decided to have region specific coding for games, movies ect.

Sorry this didn't help.

It's not realy all about politics, although it can play a part in some regions.  In fact there are three main reasons why region lock outs can be imposed for games:

Pricing. It is difficult to maintain a single pricing structure that can be applied worldwide. Region-locking a console means that there is no need for pricing parity across the world; different territories can have different prices for games without people simply shopping "wherever is cheaper".

Sensitive regions. Some games could be regarded as offensive for religious or political reasons, and regional lockout may be required to prevent these games from being distributed in sensitive countries.  Germany for example allows for the Call of Duty games, but they do not contain any Nazi swastika's.

Staged launches. If a console is region-locked, then staged launches of the games would be easier, as console producers could easily control the huge bow-wave of people wanting a game the moment it is released.

PS3 doesn't have region lock outs at all. This has nothing to do with politics, it's just Sony Policy now.  Game publishers still have to abide by the laws of each country though, and although the PS3 is region free, there are still region specific versions of certain games which have had to be censored to allow their release.

PC games do not have lock out's either.  This is understandable as PC parts are the same worldwide, and they don't have NTSC and PAL distinctions.

DVD and Blu-ray region policy also has very little to do with politics.  DVD regions were created by the movie distributers to control worldwide movie release dates and prices.  Sometimes there can be copyright and licensing issues. 

Sorry this didn't help.