Why don't game Disc's work suddernly?

I am curious about this issue, as since I posted my issue around 7 more have popped up on the support forum, yet no one has a solution or any idea what is causing it. It seems like the update might be incompatible with certain DVD drives used in consoles or something since most people who roll back suddernly are able to play games again. While others, like myself cannot do anything except sit their and wait for a Statement from MS or ask for their console to be repaired.

So can anyone here shed light on the issue?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Sorry to hear about that try:

Inspect and clean your disc

Take a close look at the back side of your disc. Are there scratches? Excessive scratches or smudges can prevent your Xbox 360 console from reading a disc.

Clean your disc

Hold the disc by the edges without touching the top or bottom surfaces.

Using a soft, clean, slightly damp cloth, lightly wipe from the centre of the disc outward.

Note Do not use solvents to clean the disc.

Load the disc into your console and see if the disc plays.

Did not work try:

Check the DVD region

Look for the region code on the disc or DVD packaging. Make sure the DVD region matches the region of your Xbox 360 console. For example, if you purchased your Xbox 360 console in the United States, Canada or a U.S. territory, the console plays region 1 DVD discs or discs coded for all regions.

DVD Region Geographic regions/countries

United States, Canada, Bermuda, U.S. territories

Europe (except Russia, Ukraine and Belarus), Middle East, Egypt, Japan, South Africa, Swaziland,                                                  Lesotho, Greenland

Southeast Asia, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong SAR, Macau

Mexico, Central and South America, Australia, New Zealand, Oceania

India, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Africa, Central and South Asia, North Korea

People's Republic of China, Hong Kong

Reserved

Special international venues, such as airplanes and cruise ships

Make sure the disc region corresponds to the country where you bought your Xbox 360 console, or is coded for all regions.

Hope this helped

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.