Why doesn't xbox allow refunds.

What if u bought a game that was on both xbox one and 360 for the one when u already had it on the 360 and u found out about the backward compatibility and the game u just bought for the xbox one was has around 725 votes to be able to play on the xbox one. You would want a refund or maybe you bought a game on the one or 360 and didn't like now you have spent money on a game that you hate and can't get money back.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

In regards to refunds, I've seen MS give them out, but only if it's in regards to a game that is completely broken at launch.

If you bought a game that seemed interesting, but after playing it, you didn't like it... I think you just have to chalk it up as a loss then.

Erdega, I doubt that will happen soon.  I can see if it is a game that is broken and things like that.  Of course I would not be against them giving an hour or 30 minute window and have a refund button for that.  But then limit the use of that so that people are not doing it on every game.

As for refunds.  Well, I had them give me one.  I wanted to use my credit on my account for a game and could not for some reason.  CS rep said to select the CC and then select confirm and said it would come up with a prompt to use the credit.  It did not.  So the game I want to buy and play has been refunded and yet it still says I own it.  Wish I could buy it since I do want to play it but without the purchase button I am stuck.

To Bird125

Erdega2 said they purchased the 360 version and have now purcahsed teh XBOX one version. You should read before trolling.

Daft, I would think the same.  They could work on pushing through games that are not on the One.

I also have to wonder about the online features.  I have seen people posting places about playing certain games they own on the One with their 360 friends now.  I did not see this list as a feature.  I could have missed it though.  But I thought you would still play with 360 people just like you were on a 360.  A game like Destiny or even GTA V would still have 360 servers and One servers.  You can just run the game through the One now.  Again, could be wrong about that.

Caveat emptor

That would quickly get abused, for example how much of a game do you play before you realise you don't like it? ten minutes, an hour, three hours?

Some games only really get going after an hour or so, also what about achievements? some games give you loads of achievement points within the first half hour.

At the end of the day, if you don't like how the current rules are, don't buy games digitally.

^^^   Can I get my money back for buying Watchdogs???  (sarcasm)....... I really have no use for that game....

-

Why would people want to buy an X1 just to play 360 games on it???  

If a game is released on the xbox one & 360 I highly doubt the 360 version will be made backwards compatible anyway.

It is clearly stated before any Digital purchase that transaction is final, NO REFUNDS!

[quote user="Househ0ld Item"]

To Bird125

Erdega2 said they purchased the 360 version and have now purcahsed teh XBOX one version. You should read before trolling.

[/quote]

They are 2 different games with 2 sets of achievements.

Explain to me how he deserves a dime?