Why doesn't xbox allow refunds.

What if u bought a game that was on both xbox one and 360 for the one when u already had it on the 360 and u found out about the backward compatibility and the game u just bought for the xbox one was has around 725 votes to be able to play on the xbox one. You would want a refund or maybe you bought a game on the one or 360 and didn't like now you have spent money on a game that you hate and can't get money back.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You do know for backwards compatibility to work you actually have to have bought the game right?

Did you think the 360 games were free?

The entitlement around here amazes me.

Erdega2, I understand what you are saying about the backwards compatibility.  Thing is, unless you just purchased the game, as in today in the last little bit, I doubt they would refund.  Plus, who is to say what games will be on the BC list later.  Some I guess are almost a guarantee to be there.  Anyway, if you actually purchased this game before the BC announcement I do not see any reason MS would give you a refund.  You have had the game and could use it.  And One games and 360 games are still separate even if they are the same title.  I can currently purchase the same title on some games for each console.

As for the not liking a game I will agree.  On digital there needs to be a small time window for a refund.  Not 7 days or even 3 days.  Just enough time after the start of playing for a player to get a feel for the game.  No harm in that.

If a game is released on the xbox one & 360 I highly doubt the 360 version will be made backwards compatible anyway.

To Bird125

Erdega2 said they purchased the 360 version and have now purcahsed teh XBOX one version. You should read before trolling.

Daft, I would think the same.  They could work on pushing through games that are not on the One.

I also have to wonder about the online features.  I have seen people posting places about playing certain games they own on the One with their 360 friends now.  I did not see this list as a feature.  I could have missed it though.  But I thought you would still play with 360 people just like you were on a 360.  A game like Destiny or even GTA V would still have 360 servers and One servers.  You can just run the game through the One now.  Again, could be wrong about that.

[quote user="Househ0ld Item"]

To Bird125

Erdega2 said they purchased the 360 version and have now purcahsed teh XBOX one version. You should read before trolling.

[/quote]

They are 2 different games with 2 sets of achievements.

Explain to me how he deserves a dime?  

You need to be playing the 360 version of a game on the xbox one in order to be able to play online with people on the 360.

So say if you have the one version of Destiny you can't play against people with the 360 version.

I agree with Daft about the duel released games, if they're already remastered it I can't seem them making the 360 version backwards compatible, waste of resources really (not that I even know how much is needed to make a game BC, haha).

Also Xbox does give refunds, if you're not happy with how a digital game has works out on release (MCC for example) then they'll most likely give you refund as it's not working 'as advertised' There is no way they'll give refunds on, 'oh I bought both version of the game and I only want one'

Ok you are right about your second comment daft badger.

People need to learn to be less impetuous, but thats a lot to ask of society these days.