Why does my xbox live keep cutting out?

My Nat Type Is Open, Connection 3-4 Bars Always. It never fails the test , yet it always cuts out. i reset my homehub, i reset my homehub to defaults, but why is it always disconnecting? does anyone have any tips? i have changed the channel of my router before but i cant remember the IP for my router.? anyone. Note, never had problems like this on my old xbox.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 19 Applies to:

IT ALSO TAKES AGES TO CONNECT TO GAMES ON MODERN WARFARE 2.

ALSO changed homehub channel makes no difference. getting annoying.

Which home hub you have might be a good start is  it a BT homehub as there are 3! if not who is your isp?

i presume your using wireless to connect to the router, do you use wireless headphones like TBx41's, px5's also?

Which wireless channel are you using?

Which 360 do you have? an old with an adaptor or the slim?

Some basic information in your post can sure help.

Been cutting out alot for me lately too. Only more recently.

I just found out what is doing it. It been happening to me and my mates. Theres a program where people can get you ip address and then they use another tool to lag out your internet. So they get the win on games iv searched on youtube and seen a tut on it. So now i know whats doing it but aint telling any one cos they will start using it. MS are trying to find a way to stop it iv been told.

While that does happen, the issue is too widespread reported to be just that for everyone.

hmm ,would they be gettin in via Call Of Duty??

I used to experience such issues earlier as well. IMO, you'd be better off connecting an Ethernet cable to your Xbox and that should supposedly have everything sorted out. :)

Do BT home hubs have Firmware updates? You could check out their support page but only if you know what you're doing, messing up a firmware can be fatal.

[quote user="TBWz White Ops"]

I just found out what is doing it. It been happening to me and my mates. Theres a program where people can get you ip address and then they use another tool to lag out your internet. So they get the win on games iv searched on youtube and seen a tut on it. So now i know whats doing it but aint telling any one cos they will start using it. MS are trying to find a way to stop it iv been told.

[/quote]

I don't believe that the problem the op is having is the DDoS attack that your talking about, plus once you reset your router which would refresh your ip address(with most ip providers)  then it would stop.

As for firmware the bt home hub auto updates also the manual tells you how to force it to update.

But since the op can't be bothered to supply any simple info to help get to the bottom of the problem they are having then it must be resolved.