Why do I need to Add Security to my account??

Hi,

I just signed on to my Xbox to play on it & I keep getting the Add Security thingy. I already have an alternative email address on my account, so why is another method required?? I don't want to give my phone number or another email address. As I am the only person who uses my account. So why do I need this??

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi,

The account needs 2 validated proofs which would be an email address and phone number. MS will not store your number for 3rd parties but for validation so you should not have any problem to give the phone number.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Lets say that I lost my phone or I changed my number, so that defeats the point of that. Also the same with email addresses as well, lets say I forgot my password on another account. So is there something else like a private securtiy question that can be added, that I only know the answer to.

Sorry this didn't help.

If your information changes then you would need to update the information in the system as you are responsible for your account and keeping the information updated. If you forgot your password to your account you can reset your password at https://account.live.com/ you need to complete these steps for the security of your account.

Sorry this didn't help.