Why do I constantly have to hard re set my console

I haven't had my Xbox one for even a year and I'm constantly having to hard reset either because Netflix or HBOgo won't load the titles and give me errors or that every time i try to watch tv it says signal lost as well as games that won't load. Before I get the generic response yes my hdmi wires are all plugged in(first thing I checked for my cable) the console is directly plugged into an outlet like the instructions state And I have Internet connection Wireless and even hard wired now. Let's get this fixed. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey dude,

Hmmm.... I have a few questions...

Firstly, how often do you have to hard reset? A hard reset is basically just like shutting your computer down, where as when you turn the xbox off normally, its like putting a computer to sleep. So its always good to hard reset every now and then, as it closes all background programs down, and just keeps everything running smoothly. I do it every week just to ensure everything is off, as programs will continue to run in the background if you don't quit out of them properly, and you can end up with a lot of programs running in the background without even knowing it.

Also, have a looka this link and see if this helps: support.xbox.com/.../poor-video-performance

It seems that it was a problem a year or two ago, but has since been fixed. So am hoping there will be something to sort it out for you :)

Cheers

Denaz

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I honestly get a day maybe 2 tops out of being able to use hbogo and my Tv before I have to completely shut it down.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm, yeah that isn't right. Maybe after a month or so, but not every second day.

Have you tried using a different HDMI port on the TV? I have heard that can sometimes work

Are there any other apps that ARE working that you use to watch shows? Or are they the only two you use?

I may have to leave this one to a support agent, as all the previous issues I have seen were sorted out last year, so should not be happening anymore :( Either way, the answers you give me will help them to find the best answer for you :)

Sorry this didn't help.

I've tried all my hdmi ports on my tv and I don't think it's the cord because everything else still works for the most part. It's the hdmi that came with the Xbox and my cable box. Had no issues using each individually when I still used my 360

Sorry this didn't help.

HI VNDTA69, 

If you're having to hard reset this often I would suggest turning off instant on from your Xbox. The down side to this is you cannot turn your Xbox on by saying "Xbox on", you will not be able to auto-install games, and it will take a bit longer to boot. The upside is you shouldn't experience the issues you're having. I personally do not use instant on for similar reasons. To turn this feature off, press menu from your home screen, go to settings, then select power and start up. Change the power to "Energy Saving" mode. 

Hope this helps. 

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Sorry this didn't help.

Not to come off rude or like a *** because I know this isn't your fault but that was one of the major reason I went with the one. It's a shame that this feature can't be used by all because of these issues, I'm aware issues come with new technology and that's why I waited to get my console. I'm gonna call Microsoft and see what they can do.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there. 

If you're still having problems after following the steps previously in this thread, then I would suggest removing your profile from the Xbox and then adding it back. If you're still having issues after that then try doing a factory reset here. Provided your Xbox is connected to the internet all your settings and saves are stored in the cloud. You will however have to reinstall your games. 

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Sorry this didn't help.